Appalling Mind Control Comment from CO

by betweenworlds 62 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

How about the Psycho soundtrack. With the shower scene playing in the background, looping over and over. Just the part of the knife and shadow of the knife.

How appropo. They wield their knives, and stab at the R&F all the time, cutting fun, privileges, family time, family ties, free will, etc..... They are sharpening their knives again.

What is left to cut??? That is what is so scary to me. Because, whatever it is, 99% will do it. My folks included.

• MMae
    MMae

I don't doubt that the Great Tribulation nears. I also don't doubt that the GB is becoming ever more haughty. It is frightening. Who will stay loyal to them? Those that are also haughty in their certainty of their position before God. Isn't it to ones like these that Jesus said, "I never knew you."

And the rest? I worry for them. And I trust Jehovah knows their hearts.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Detailed instructions are already starting to appear. Anyone that has seen a preview of the April 2008 Kool-Aid has seen what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has said about any activity that doesn't promote the organization. They are labelled as valueless, and include fun, relaxation, college, sex, money, and the words of anyone that objectively analyzes the Bible. There is also admonition to stay single (I guess the Value Destroyer Training School has more vacancies).

In the future, more details are sure to come. The Grand Boasting Session will expound on that ban on fun and relaxation, perhaps telling people that such things are off limits. The hounder-hounder visits will for sure be tightening up even worse, as some will for sure interpret it as meaning that any fun is a houndable offense. Later Kool-Aid magazines will add more to the suspense. It is going to be one miserable ride ahead for anyone that is left in the witless religion.

• horrible life
    horrible life

WTwizard

Detailed instructions are already starting to appear. Anyone that has seen a preview of the April 2008 Kool-Aid has seen what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has said about any activity that doesn't promote the organization. They are labelled as valueless, and include fun, relaxation, college, sex, money, and the words of anyone that objectively analyzes the Bible. There is also admonition to stay single (I guess the Value Destroyer Training School has more vacancies).

In the future, more details are sure to come. The Grand Boasting Session will expound on that ban on fun and relaxation, perhaps telling people that such things are off limits. The hounder-hounder visits will for sure be tightening up even worse, as some will for sure interpret it as meaning that any fun is a houndable offense. Later Kool-Aid magazines will add more to the suspense. It is going to be one miserable ride ahead for anyone that is left in the witless religion.

I am not quite awake yet. This is where I get weird thoughts.

If this was something tangible, in terms of money, I would want a piece of the action. For example the Stock Market.

If the FDA said a certain pill was guaranteed to safely improve your mind, or make you lose weight, I want to buy some stock. What is sad, is, the only way I see, that I can make any money out of this, is to buy stock in the Watchtower, (short term, of course).

Other money making stocks may include:

Drug companies. Antidepressants, and any other drug known for relieving stress, and feeling worthless. This is a lasting investment.
    Paper company. There will be more placements. This will be a good investment for a few years, then dwindle.
    Mental Hospitals. Very long term investment. Let your grandchildren cash in, 30 years from now.

• Mary
    Mary
    He stated that Jehovah always leads his people, even in specific "micro-managed" ways!

Matthew 23:4-5: "...They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger. All the works they do they do to be viewed by men. . ."

We have to be willing to do all that Jehovah directs us to do, even if it is hard to do it. Even little things (service, commenting at meetings, getting along, making amends, etc... all parts of our spiritual armor!). Must force ourselves to do it!

Matthew 11:30 "...For my yoke is kindly and my load is light."

"make yourself obey...even if it's uncomfortable or difficult... or even if you don't understand why or your heart is not inclined to do it...

1 Thessalonians 5:21 ". . .Make sure of all things. . ."

Acts 17:11 ". . .for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so. . .

It's wonderful to see how closely they keep their talks based on the scriptures.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    He also mentioned that during their run...that Lot and his daughters likely noticed that they didn't hear the footsteps of his wife anymore. They were quite aware that she had looked back. How tempting it would have been to turn around to urge her on. But they knew better, they obeyed, even in that difficult circumstance! Food for thought...we may well lose loved ones to the world before it is all over. Must focus, and obey anyway in spite of grief and temptation to give up! (Mentioned how especially difficult it likely was for her daughters to be willing to lose their mother!)

This really hit a nerve. Must be my daughter's reasoning on why she has nothing to do with me (not even DF'd).

OK - what if daughter didn't hear mother's footsteps because mother tripped and was lying on the ground? Too bad!

• flipper
    flipper

I remember when I was a witness all those years - if certain things came up which we didn't understand I remember elders and other power authorities saying, " If you don't understand something clearly, put it up on the shelf, and take it down later after holy spirit has helped you come to understand it . " Oh brother.

From what I still see there are lots of witness beliefs still sitting up on that shelf all these years, unfulfilled ! I think many of those beliefs have at least an inch of thick dust built up on them while still sitting on that shelf . I believe all the witnesses beliefs should be shelved ; and left up there to mold

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc
    From what I still see there are lots of witness beliefs still sitting up on that shelf all these years, unfulfilled ! I think many of those beliefs have at least an inch of thick dust built up on them while still sitting on that shelf . I believe all the witnesses beliefs should be shelved ; and left up there to mold

Aw come on flipper, you know that with all the JW janitors, there wouldn't be any dust or mold.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Like any religion that allows child abuse cover-ups could possibly have the only --- exclusive --- direct link to gawd.

ESTEE

• Robert7
    Robert7

This concept of blind faith and following was my first 'red flag' that something wasn't right in the Borg.

Blind faith and action, in my opinion, in anything in life is simply dangerous as it gives those in control too much power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit