Appalling Mind Control Comment from CO

by betweenworlds 62 Replies latest jw friends

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I just came across this comment by someone from a group I belong to Apparently they just had their CO come to town and they gave some of the comments from one of his talks.

Here it is:

We just had the visit of our CO...his wife made this comment to me:

"'As I was reading the very powerful articles in the last public issue of the WT with study articles...I couldn't help but imagine that the brothers are waving a goodbye to people!'...( not a true quote, but that is the gist of her comment).

No doubt, it will touch the heart of some and motivate them to get into the "ark" before it is too late!

Regarding paragraph 15...after the comment about the importance of listening to the faithful and discreet slave it states: "We may well receive some detailed instructions. Our safe journey through those troublesome days will depend on our keeping in step with other loyal servants of Jehovah."

In the CO's final talk to us on Sunday (based on the 23rd Psalm), he mentioned: 'Jehovah leads his people, detailed instructions are soon to come!'

He spoke about the situation of Lot and his family. The angels were urging them to leave right away, but they lingered. The angels had to come and take them by the hands to get them out of harms way. They also gave them strict instructions not to look back as they fled to the mountainous region. Lot asked to go to Zoar, didn't want to go to the mountainous region. He was given permission to do so. Eventually he did go there, but Jehovah made this concession to him on the run!

He stated that Jehovah always leads his people, even in specific "micro-managed" ways! (interesting thought, aye?) We have to be willing to do all that Jehovah directs us to do, even if it is hard to do it. Even little things (service, commenting at meetings, getting along, making amends, etc... all parts of our spiritual armor!). Must force ourselves to do it! (Reminded me of another comment recently made at a DC..."make yourself obey...even if it's uncomfortable or difficult... or even if you don't understand why or your heart is not inclined to do it...if you do it, your heart will catch up!!")
    He also mentioned that during their run...that Lot and his daughters likely noticed that they didn't hear the footsteps of his wife anymore. They were quite aware that she had looked back. How tempting it would have been to turn around to urge her on. But they knew better, they obeyed, even in that difficult circumstance! Food for thought...we may well lose loved ones to the world before it is all over. Must focus, and obey anyway in spite of grief and temptation to give up! (Mentioned how especially difficult it likely was for her daughters to be willing to lose their mother!)

And par. 18...regarding the complete suit of armor..."In the coming calendar year"...we need to do it NOW.

Such powerful and motivating information! It's nice to feel safe and secure in the hands of this loving and wise slave! They are an extension of Jehovah's loving hands! Jehovah always leads his people!!

Just my 2 cents!

Can anyone say Mind Control Cult!! I'm pretty much speechless at how brazen they are becoming. Jehovah leads his people even in "micro-managed' ways O.o This coupled with what V has been posting with his comments from the WT study show that they are no longer pulling any punches. They are beating the flock into submission. Really really scary. When people get to the point where they are in this mindset: make yourself obey...even if it's uncomfortable or difficult... or even if you don't understand why or your heart is not inclined to do it

They can pretty much be made to do anything...Brings to mind that ufo cult...Jonestown...etc. etc. Betweenworlds

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

We had the same talk but used Jehovah leading the Israelites out of Egypt and the ydid not go the obvious route - follow Jehovahs organization step by step was the overall theme

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

It's so utterly frightening to hear people give up total control of their minds like this.

Once the point is reached where they are willing to do things even if they don't understand why and cease to listen to their own conscience and heart, they can be made to do anything

Once again I'll just reitterate how HAPPY I am to be out and free!

Betweenworlds

• zeroday
    zeroday

We may well receive some detailed instructions. Our safe journey through those troublesome days will depend on our keeping in step with other loyal servants of Jehovah."

I can remember hearing the same thing in the 70's when the persecution starts the meetings would go underground and if you were not at every meeting you would not know where the next one could be...you're right mind control...they have to trout out the same ole same ole every few decades to stir up the rank and file to keep them from buying their power boats and going on vacation and being distracted from "those troublesome days" ahead...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    detailed instructions are soon to come!'

How disencouraged are they going to be when they don't get any?

• zeroday
    zeroday
    detailed instructions are soon to come!'

How disencouraged are they going to be when they don't get any?

Don't be suprised if some Sunday the KH has a punch bowl full of koolaid waiting in the hall...

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

I commented on this very thing in my "Connecting the Dots" thread. I seriously believe that compounds or some such are not too far off.

Please visit my new disclosure-related blog at http://devinewill.blogspot.com

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

OR... this could be a bluff to test organizational loyalty and clear out the fence-sitters. Perhaps an oath of allegiance to the Watchtower will be required? Or the speaker will ask for a show of hands, "How many of you are prepared to sacrifice everything, including your loved ones, for the organization?" and those who don't respond will be permanently banned from the KH.

Damn, where are the Bethel insiders when we need them?

• magoo
    magoo
    Perhaps an oath of allegiance to the Watchtower will be required?

...doesn't this allready occur with the baptism questions..............

magoo

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

.....and this allegiance is demanded even though in the next breath they will say that "they are imperfect men."

Complete, unequivocal loyalty to men who make mistakes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit