Proof WBTS is downgrading 1914

by yesidid 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33
    I wonder in 2014 if they will celebrate Jesus 100th anniversary as king

LOL! Love it.

The simple fact of the matter is that it is false doctrine. The entire premise was incorrect. Everything that they attacked outside religions of, they themselves were guilty. They had people selling their homes, sitting around waiting for something that has never materialized. And yet they still go on this ludicrious idea that they are the only "true religion". Come on, people are waking up and those that realize it is BS are staying because of tradition, family, friends and waiting for it to "work itself out" which translates into "I know it is not right, but I have no idea what to do with the JWs".

• lawrence
    lawrence

Very interesting. Thanks!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Nice work!

• horrible life
    horrible life

I am sure you have some kind of computer program, that counted. I would sure hope you didn't have to read that $#(^ and count them.

When will you know about 2007? Very interesting and thanks for posting this!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for that ,,,as you all know I am 80+ and when you wrote that

1984 that same person would be 80 (our years are 70 or 80... if weeee have special mightiness... ) Btw 1983-84 would have been the biggie years to make the generation teaching work... sort of the ultimate carrot for people to get back in past the 1975 fiasco.

I did Preaching ~!preaching !preaching ! until they kicked me out in 1987.... Because I was "apostate by not believing Jesus came invisable in 1914 I still think I should send them a "THANK YOU CARD!!!!

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Damn, they are trying to downplay it.. Although I can't see them giving it up entirely. The whole JW message is to preach that Jesus has been reigning since 1914..

If they threw that doctrine out, then what would they have left?

• Hermano
    Hermano

Interesting research... I agree 1914 is getting stale and they know it.

• exwitless
    exwitless

1914 is doing the fade, no doubt. Its meeting attendance is becoming more irregular.

Pretty soon, 1914 will only come to the Memorial once a year just to make an appearance. The GB will attempt a "shepherding call" at it's house every few years. One of these times, the GB will pop in unexpectedly and find that 1914 put up Christmas decorations. 1914 will be considered a "bad association".

I doubt 1914 will ever get DF'd though.

• watson
    watson

Interesting jump in 66/67 and 83/84. Wonder what new light was coming down the poop shoot at these times.....?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    Interesting jump in 66/67 and 83/84. Wonder what new light was coming down the poop shoot at these times.....?

1966: "Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Son's of God" was released. The first book to suggest that Armageddon might come in 1975--well at least the thousand-year reign would be here by then. 1984: the generation of 70 (or 80) years from 1914 was coming to a close.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit