"Making a case for 'intelligent design'"

by inkling 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

And here's another creature that our wacky Almighty God made:

http://www.emerson.k12.nj.us/staff/rmkelly/custom/DinosaurWQ/AnkyPix.html

Look at that bony club and armored body and spikes. What a marvelous proof that a Loving Creator exists!

metatron

• inkling
    inkling
    Look at that bony club and armored body and spikes.

Well the armor was clearly designed to protect it's squishy insides from falling
    coconuts that were dislodged while banging the tree with the bony tail.

And, while sleeping (on it's side) fruit fell from trees and impaled itself ON the spikes,
    making for a delicious and convenient breakfast upon awakening.

God sure is smart.

[ink]

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Its in the newspaper so it must be true.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving
    i mean MEN have ADAM APPLES AND WOMEN ARE FLAT AROUND THE NECK

Alright now I am near certain you are closet evolutionist just having a go at the board. Priceless.

GBL

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Creationists are still using examples that have been debunked for decades (and sometimes use examples of evolution that has nothing to do with Darwinian evolution, and in fact predates it), so I guess now they and IDers are going to use these examples for the next hundred years or so, despite them having been debunked. I mean that seriously - we'll hear this crap for decades to come.

I thought being honest was a religious virtue. How about being intellectually honest, and honest with the members of one's church? Why advocate idiocy, lack of education, misrepresentation of evidence and outright lying to further one's cause? Do they want to be idiots? Do they want their church members to be idiots? Perhaps they do. I know I'm mad for having been fed crap about science growing up as a Witness.

As for the trolls... Nah, not gonna feed them.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Not a problem with me, as long as they include alternate theories of intelligent design. Some people believe God created the universe, some people believe a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. So if science classes should devote equal time to each creation theory. One third time for Intelligent Design, One third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and One third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

These science v godsquad debates are always good for a laugh....

Adam's apple? Oh dear lord that is an awful argument, maybe the worst I have seen yet

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Well, it has been proven that the bacterial flagellum, the tiniest irreducible complex molecular machine used as a motor to move a cell, could never have been produced by a Darwinian mechanism or evolution.

True, but amateur scientists often tend to forget evolution does not equal darwinism.

Darwinism is just one of many evolutionary THEORIES.

Evolution is a fact, the interpretation of evolution, on the other hand, is not.

Irreducible complex molecules can be explained by non-Darwinian mechanisms like symbiosis.

There is more going on in evolution than random variation and natural selection and it would therefore be short-sighted to drop darwinism in favor of intelligent design since EVOLUTION IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN, the mechanisms behind it however are open for investigation.

• DT
    DT
    i mean MEN have ADAM APPLES AND WOMEN ARE FLAT AROUND THE NECK

Alright now I am near certain you are closet evolutionist just having a go at the board. Priceless.

GBL

Blackboo, I'm beginning to wonder if you really are an atheist trying to make creationists look bad by repeating some of their lamest arguments. If so, I suggest that is the wrong approach. If you are a creationist, you are still having the same effect of making others with your beliefs look bad. You owe it to yourself to better understand these issues. There are much better arguments that can be made in behalf of your beliefs, but this takes education. We can all benefit from a respectful and insightful discussion of these matters. I'm well aware that there are limitations and perhaps problems with evolutionary theory. However, pointing these out doesn't prove one of many alternatives (belief in a specific god) to be true. It's even easier to turn the tables and point out the problems with that hypothesis. There needs to be further research. I would be happy to find the truth, regardless of where that search leads us. If you want to search for a god, there are still a few places where his influence could be hiding. I suggest you search there, rather than places where his influence has already been shown to be unnecessary.

• Gregor
    Gregor

NOTE: In light of the new guidelines for civility here I want to remind every one to avoid words and phrases such as the following:

Nitwit

Crackpot

simpleton

retarded

jackass

nincompoop

brain dead

There are many more but I just thought I would mention the most tempting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit