Lurkers and Newbies..please read appendix 1-D in the NWT Fraud Bible....

by oompa 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD
    Check the Insight book under Jehovah and you will find that there is not a single ancient manuscript IN THE Greek Scriptures that contains the divine name

Which raises an interesting question: Isn't questioning every extant manuscript the same as questioning the Bible itself?

--Not an enviable position for a JW to be in....

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Interesting thing, if you can get a Kingdom Interlinear (a purple Bible) and look in there you will see the original Greek and how it was translated. There is no YHVH anywhere. What you find is that the Greek word KURIOS is often translated as Jehovah. (Rev 21:22)

But other times is is translated as LORD, which is the usual translation that is accepted by scholars. (John 4:1)

One notices a funny thing about the translators rendering of this word. When KURIOS is referring to Jesus it is translated as LORD Jesus. (Luke 24:3) If the translators were consistent and KURIOS really meant Jehovah, then it would properly be rendered in English as Jehovah Jesus. I wonder what gives?!?

Kurious Kurt

• oompa
    oompa
    Kurt: Interesting thing, if you can get a Kingdom Interlinear (a purple Bible) and look in there you will see the original Greek and how it was translated. There is no YHVH anywhere. What you find is that the Greek word KURIOS is often translated as Jehovah. (Rev 21:22)

But other times is is translated as LORD, which is the usual translation that is accepted by scholars. (John 4:1)

One notices a funny thing about the translators rendering of this word. When KURIOS is referring to Jesus it is translated as LORD Jesus. (Luke 24:3) If the translators were consistent and KURIOS really meant Jehovah, then it would properly be rendered in English as Jehovah Jesus. I wonder what gives?!?

Kurious Kurt

INTERESTING......FUNNY?????.........your are klling me Kurt.....why is this not major info???? why no questions??? purple bible are in EVERY Dub library!!!!....Am I going to have to take out an ad in the New York Times????????????..................................oompa

• Gopher
    Gopher
    What you find is that the Greek word KURIOS is often translated as Jehovah. (Rev 21:22)

Very "Kurios", indeed!

• TD
    TD

kurioV is simply an honorific. In modern Greek, it corresponds to the English "Mister" (You address your teacher as Kyrios)

Because of that, it's usage floats with context and grammar. It does not take the place of a proper name on a permanent basis.

For example, Matthew 22:44 reads:

eipen o kurioV tw kuriw mou

"The LORD said to my Lord" (KJV)

It is generally understood that the first usage is a reference to God while the second usage is simply a title.

• oompa
    oompa

Is this just not a deal breaker to most Jdubs????.............oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..The NWT Freud Bible?..Sigmund Freud had his own Bible??............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• freetosee
    freetosee

Before I found out that the NWT put in Jahs name where it didn't belong, I was always disappointed about jesus sermon on the mount. When teaching how to pray, "let your name be sanctified...", why did he not USE the name jehovah? It would have made it so much easier to convince people of the "truth"! Why did jesus not use the name in his everyday speech, I wondered. Or why did paul not use it?

So much to Revelation 22:18

There whole divine name argument falls flat by one simple fact. They themselves will say that the actual name of God in Yahweh but we pronounce it Jehovah becaue it is more common. If the exact pronunciation is as important as they claim (The gospel according to them) then when they knowingly pronounce it wrong they prove their own failings.

• oompa
    oompa
    2112: There whole divine name argument falls flat by one simple fact. They themselves will say that the actual name of God in Yahweh but we pronounce it Jehovah becaue it is more common. If the exact pronunciation is as important as they claim (The gospel according to them) then when they knowingly pronounce it wrong they prove their own failings.

I agree almost completely with this....however we don't actually KNOW what Gods name was....nobody does although I have read in WT lit that they feel Yahweh is probably closer to the original. So why....if using Gods name is soooooooo important....dosen't everybody know exactly what it is? Our whole cult is so focused on "Jehovah"....heck we even named ourselves after him..............BSBSBSBSBS...........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit