Even active witnesses think this is way over the top.....

by yourmomma 80 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The worst thing about it is how he says "we're not masters over your faith... we neither have the ability nor will to tell you what to do..." BUT THEN does exactly that!

• feenx
    feenx

That is absolutely disgusting!!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

And here I'm pushing my son (at age 9) to get good grades so he can get into a great college...I'm such a horrible mother.

This is just sick. I actually posted this video into my discussion group for college. We are talking about "how committed are we getting our degree".

Can you imagine all those young minds being pressured to "drop out".

If you are currently going to college, why don’t you meditate in prayer on the possibility of dropping out and doing something better?

This is the line that caused my blood to boil!!! My brother was thinking about going to college but if my parents hear this it will be over for him. I know when I graduated from high school I wanted to go to college but was not permitted.

Grrrr!

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Looks like we have someone to take Jaraz's place when he finally kicks the bucket.

One

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

When i was first studying the bible, i was thinking seriously about going to University and doing a degree. The Ministerial Servant who i was studying the Bible with tried to discourage me from joining University. It didn't work, instead i did what i felt was right for me, and i joined up and did a B Eng(Hons) in Mechanical Engineering. 4 years later i graduated, and now today i have a sucessful & rewarding career as a Project Engineer in the Oil & Gas industry.

If i had listened to that MS all them years ago i wouldn't be here today doing this job i enjoy so much. Instead i would probably be cleaning windows or shovelling cowshit somewhere.

WT

LFCv

• daytona27
    daytona27

Seems like the understanding of the generation had an impact on the stressing of no college, at least at a local level. It was IMPOSSIBLE that the end would not come by 1984, 85 and especially 86. 90 would never get here. Ending high school at that time, a lot of my friends including me went into the pioneer work, me for only a year then had to continue working two jobs to support my mother and myself on barely above minimum wage.

Then it seems things slacked off...college wasn't that frowned upon.

My big question, with all the online degrees possible, isn't that an acceptable option if the big fear is being in a "worldly" college? I haven't been around it in awhile, so wasn't sure what the slant was, and I'm not watching the video.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    We are not able, nor willing to tell you what you should do. Your parents and you should make a decision. We are not the masters over your faith.

OH, REALLY!!!!!!!!!???????

Warlock

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Mans looking for more slaves to bring in more power and money

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So he uses an illustration of a lad who attempted suicide by shooting himself, the bullet missed the vital part of his brain and cured him instead. He actually said "It happened"

Oh yes?

How much research did he do? It sounds an awful lot like this "URBAN MYTH" ...

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/tumor.asp

Now , either it is a more common experience than we might think, and one really did happen? No. I dont think so.... A whole stadium full of dubs were convinced it really happened because He said it did

The first rule of speaking is to check your sources - he didn't, or wanted to put it in anyway because it was a good story...Just goes to show..YOU CAN NEVER BELIEVE THE GOVERNING BODY...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes -they are shooting themselves in the foot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit