Even active witnesses think this is way over the top.....

by yourmomma 80 Replies latest jw friends

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

there were gasps after watching this. i heard the anti college talks at the DC this year, and while many people i know didnt agree with them, this following video stunned many of them. there are many people on this forum, many have gotten to where they are many different ways. the people i know didnt get their by reading books, or looking on the internet, they simply got there by listining to the talks at the DC's and assmeblies. Ever since 2001 or so the tone of the assemblies and dc's have been different, hardcore life long witnesses are getting disturbed by talks like this. i dont ever remember anything this bad coming from a person so high up. people who have been in for 40-50 years are asking "what the heck is going on up there?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4f9ygxDbk

• pratt1
    pratt1

Can someone post the actual You Tube link?

• MsMcDucket
  • pratt1
    pratt1

I am HORRIFIED.

I pity those children whose parents are going to take what this IDIOT says and apply it to their family.

It is so unfair and borders on abuse..

• Odrade
    Odrade

That made me really angry. I hate that guy, he's an ass. Looks like the lunatics are still running the asylum. I can't believe that the JWs (including my parents) try to claim that the WTS has "softened" its position on education. Did you see at the end where he told that bogus "experience" of the kid who tried to commit suicide by rifle in the mouth, the bullet didn't kill him, just took out part of his brain... and THAT is what he's comparing college with? Also, he stated how proud everyone would be of the people who DROPPED OUT of university.

• Robert7
    Robert7

"Let us praise those who have dropped out of college"

Also, college is like putting a rifle in your mouth and pulling the trigger.

Insane!

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Hello guys!

I started a similar thread some time ago. Check it out: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/149867/1.ashx.

This is one of the topics that really bothers me. How can the WT doesn't want people to go to college? I'm pretty sure that if the Society needs more attorneys for the Legal Department, they will pay for the tuition... Hypocrites.

I finished my BS some months ago, and received a good salary increase recently.

I said it to every teenager: GO TO COLLEGE!!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Nice to see you "your momma".

I was wondering about this part though:

this following video stunned many of them.

How did "THEY" happen upon this video? Did you tell them or did they mention it to you?

Just curious.

I agree with your assessment that many active JWs would think this talk was over the top. Including my wife.

OM

• Robert7
    Robert7

What I don't understand is, what's the difference with a 'career' (with a degree) and a 'job' (without a degree)? They make a 'career' sound so evil.

You have to work ~40 hours a week anyway, so why not make a decent salary and not struggle? The WT would rather you work a low-end job and never be able to make ends meet, so you are forced to rely on Jehovah the WTS.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bookmarked... thanks for posting this.

I do NOT want to be the nay-sayer here, but I was just wondering... is there anyone here who speaks fluent Italian? Unfortunately, as this talk and video is sub-titled, he could be saying anything, and the subtitles could be added just to boil our blood. I just want to have the facts straight before I use this as any proof...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit