I'm feeling major depression

by tsunami_rid3r 17 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

I'm doing well academically, connecting with my professors and such. Right now I'm not too motivated to do anything. The only motivation I have is graduating and going to another school to further my profession. I feel like that alone isn't enough to hold my chin up everyday. I'm sick of the people at this school, and I don't like this city. Its so boring. I don't have a group of friends. I'm a junior. There are few at work I've partied with. I feel so alone. Sometimes I don't even know what I want or who I am. Its a horrible mind game. Its bad enough when my good friend calls me up and tells me that it seems I would be happier in Austin. Shes cool and she lives an hour away back home. I haven't been home in months. I wanted to go to school in Austin, and I've told my parents that. They will let me transfer now, but I'm already into my junior year. I have good recommendations lined up from a few of my professors. It sucks my parents wouldn't let me go to UT when I was starting college. I should appreciate I'm getting a good education, but this is just making me sad. I can't make paragraphs on this forum anymore.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hey, you're doing the right thing by writing about this. Where are you going to school? I'm back East and headed to bed, as it's late here, but will check in with you in the morning.

Don't let the shit get you down. You're so young, and there is a great deal of wonderful life ahead of you. Some crap is coming down too, don't get me wrong, but so much great stuff is headed your way!! I'm 55, and trust me, you are in for some great stuff, so hang in there. Even at my age, in just the last few weeks, I've had some of the best traveling, musical, family, intellectual, athletic, personal relationship and sexual experiences of my life.

Christ, you've hardly cracked the surface!

S4

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Tsunami... hang in there. I don't know what it is (the winter blues, perhaps) but so many have been in a funk lately.

I can't do anything about most of that... but I CAN help your paragraph issue...

I take it you are using Firefox? Excellent! Unfortunately, this site is not terribly compatible with Firefox. To fix that, here's what you do:

Under the posting field, UNCHECK the box that is checked (the Check here to use HTML formatting box)
    and CHECK the other box which was unchecked...(the Automatic Cr/Lf box)

that'll do it.

the rest... the life part... will honestly work itself out. Hang in there.

Cheers,
    Baba

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

can you go home for a weekend? Sounds as though you need some time at home, and a break from school. I hope you feel better soon - being lonely sucks.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Sounds like you need to go to Austin!

• penny2
    penny2

(((tsunami_rid3r))) hope you're OK. Are there some groups in your college that you could connect with? Your friend sounds caring - perhaps you could go and see her on the weekend. One hour away isn't too bad?

penny

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I agree with the queen....go home, even for a weekend. It's what you need.

• Witchs Son
    Witchs Son

what do you do for your spiritual development? sound like you might need some help there

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

You need a break, maybe that'll do it for you--restore your passion. What are you passionate about? It'll come back to you, I promise. Previous posters are right--your age is in your favor, your status-getting your education-is in your favor--just work at restoring your balance by not working, aka, take a break!!

We love ya man, depressed or not.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

tsunami_rid3r~ If all goes right, my son may be joining you there this fall. I bet you two would get along. I will keep you posted if he goes. UT right? Austin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit