I'm feeling major depression

by tsunami_rid3r 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hey there you - good to see you, but not that you are sad. It will pass - honestly. And I KNOW what you mean about the boredom sometimes, that can be really depressing along with not feeling you have anyone to relate to in terms of human contact that is nearby.

Plan a treat for yourself. Plan something that WILL stimulate you.

If you can't think of anything I shall come up with many stimulating ideas for you and make you do them when I get there. Try and come up to Dallas in May when I'm around. I'm hoping to do some sky diving.

Baba - who'd a thunk you'd be giving the techno advice on paragraph formatting - lol! You always cheer me up!

• oompa
    oompa

You lucky Ba$tard!!! (except for the depression)....maybe meds would help......but go home.....have as much sex as possible......and you will probably feel much better....that is Dr. Oompa's version of take two asprin...................................oompa

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

I go to A&M.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Tsunami,

Hey! I remember when you were getting ready to go to college, or had just gotten there, or something like that. Glad you are still around the board. I felt like that in college a lot, but in hindsight, I still had some great experiences. Some groups of friends/classmates were just not my type. Don't try to be something you're not.

You'll find some people that you can hang out with, and you never know, they may become lifelong friends. If you had fun hanging out with people at work, maybe try that again. Me and my roomate in college never hung out too much, but were more casual aquaintnaces. But over time, we became friends, and now 8 years later, she is like a little sister to me.

Things may seem boring and such now, but they will slowly change, and new stuff will happen. Your professors will be very important to you, so don't lose contact, even if you do change schools.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!! I'm rooting for you.

TheGoodGirl

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Don't forget it's wintertime, you have always been pretty bad about getting down in the winter...kinda like me.

Maybe a trip somewhere would be a good idea?

WLG

• cognac
    cognac

wow, I'm so sorry your feeling like that... Please let us know what we can do that will make you feel better. I'm sorry your feeling this way...

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Tsu -

I posted a response to you last night but somehow it didn't stick.

I can't believe it's 3 years already since you started there. Congrats on doing so well.

Are you still playing the guitar? Friends of mine that play instruments rarely seemed bored as they always have something to do that they enjoy. My brother plays drums and that seems to help keep him happy.

Don't really know what to tell you to do about the doldrums and I don't know what your home situation is like at the moment. If things are still difficult with mom, maybe you and dad can plan a little weekend away together?

Wish I had a magic answer for you. Sunlight helps me get out of depression. So does changing up my routine a little. Maybe treat yourself to a little special something.

Is there something simple that just makes you happy??

-Aude.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

Still feeling it.

The only things that seem to make me smile anymore is heavy consumption of alcohol and drugs.

You know, I'm not too motivated to play the guitar anymore. I haven't played in 4 months, but its still laying outside of its case. So I guess that's a good thing.

I do hate feeling dread and despair all the time. I should be happy really, but I even feel it when I'm at the lab. I love that sort of work, but I still feel sad doing it.

The thing that bothers me the most is, I can't seem to focus and concentrate on anything anymore. I just want things to be over with, whether it be exams, work, school, or sometimes life. I don't mean that in a suicidal way because I'm not. I just want my PhD, job at a university in somewhere nice, such as Hawaii. That's my dream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit