Please allow me to introduce myself...

by Olin Moyles Ghost 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi OMG. Your screen-name here is interesting. I hope you enjoy your stay on this board.

The organization attempts to escape liability for false prophecy by saying that it doesn't claim to be infallible. When you compare that excuse to the language used in building up the 1914, 1925, and even 1975 dates, that excuse rings hollow.

That is so true. They say they're "not inspired", but claim to be "spirit-directed" (just look at the baptism vows where that claim is made). That difference is quite legalistic and misleading, too. How can you be "spirit-directed" but not inspired? But they use the 'not inspired' thing to excuse themselves when something they say is 180 degrees wrong, and then they get 'new light' to cover over their past mistakes.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

OMG welcome a thousand times welcome .I'm fond of a good ghost story . Have you been on the other side long and if so have you met the ghosts of bro. Homor Knorr or bro. Freddy Franz,The Judge, Charlie Russel etc. or perhaps they didn't quite make it to the other side.

• atpeace
    atpeace

welcome! i'm a newbie too!

i too was raised as a jw child and always thought some things just didn't make sense. all of the "frowned" upon things - higher education, dating. i didn't understand how disfellowshipping was loving - to shun someone who needed help seemed wrong.

and i went for many years just trying to not think about it. now, the more knowledge i get i feel comfortable with my own beliefs and free to question actual doctrins. and i'm troubled by the constant emphysis on "the society".

it just takes time to sort it out. you'll get there!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome Olin Moyles Ghost - and yes the issues you raise are good ones

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Welcome O.M.G.

It is so nice to hear of another that the scales are falling off. Hope you enjoy the learning experience you have ahead.

Sheri

• moshe
    moshe

Welcom OMG- I sat in on a bookstudy last week and I saw fabrications, puffery, lies, exaggerations, 607, 1914, 1919 , 1935 dates - all of it was accepted as the gospel truth- I was the only one who raised any questions. I am gald that your thinking finally led you to act upon the facts as you saw them.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Thanks again for all the comments. I apologize for not replying personally to each one, but I'm a busy Ghost.

By the way, edmond dantes, I have been on the other side for quite some time. Since you asked, I'll tell you. It's a soap opera up here. You wouldn't believe the way "Judge" Rutherford and Maria Russell go at each other over who the Faithful and Discreet Slave is. The Judge is all "it's me"; but Maria is like "oh no you didn't...it's Chuck." And they keep going back and forth like that. It's a total cat-fight.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi OMG,

Was Chuck Russell pleased with his masonic pyramid grave stone and does the judge miss his palatial pad in San Diego or has he got a better reward up there with the heavenly host.Do they both like the way the New World Soc. has developed ?

So many questions ; do they serve spirits over on the other side,? I know how bro. Rutherford loved to imbibe with his frequent little tipples?

One more, does the Judge miss his Cadillacs or has he been awarded his own super duper flaming chariot, you know ,so that he can commute easily between Brooklyn and the eternal throne on high? Tell him we don't need wind up granmaphones any longer because we have the internet now from which we derive the truth.

OMG, if you are busy right now the answers will wait awhile,oh! one more thing is JR planning on publishing any new heavenly books?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit