How to be invisible, Hire a JW to clean your house.

by ElectricJello 24 Replies latest jw friends

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

Does the book itself seem a bit paranoid to anyone else? I'm not sure I'd take it as a wonderful endorsement.

I also thought that it shows that Jehovah is blessing the mormons and adventists as well, maybe they have the "truth" as well.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They would snoop around to see what music you listen to, o on the net on your computer, and then try to make you pay more than you originally agreed.

Witlesses also make TERRIBLE tenants. Especially if the landlord is a Witless.#

HB

• oompa
    oompa

why do i keep seeing the word piss marked out by red xxx's? It is commonly used, is in the King James Bible for Gods sake, and I see hell and damn here and even shit all the time. Why is piss so singled out? Not wanting to steal the thread either......just want some info.....I like this thread and am debating if I want a Dub to clean my house or not as my current dub cleaner has retired due to health problems......oompa

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    Sure you can trust them with your money

You must be joking.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So..If your looking for a janitor..Jehovah`s Witness`s have more in their,group than any other..CleaningSweepingAll PraiseSweepingCleaning......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Hiring a pioneer to clean makes sense to me (my bitterness for the Society doesn't skew my every viewpoint).

You have a better shot at honesty than hiring some stranger off the street.

JMHO

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

What about the last sentence where the guy says that they won't preach to you while on the job. BULLSHIT!

• AuroraB
    AuroraB

I actually read this book. Yes, it does seem a bit paranoid for the average person, but it's a good primer for the naive.

I have a feeling the author is or was a Witness. In the opening chapters, he tried to explain to his readers what he defined a lie to be so that we understood he wasn't advocating dishonesty throughout the rest of his book. I don't have the book in front of me and thus can't quote verbatim, but he said that back in the--I think 1950s--he came across a definition of lying in a religious magazine that helped him reconcile his own feelings about lying with what the bible said. The definition was: "A LIE is a false statement made by one to another who is entitled to hear and know the truth and which false statement tends toward injury to the other." The style of the definition seemed like the WBTS to me, so I looked up the quote and found it on the CD (kinda freaked me out, but that's another story). When the author further wrote that he began studying with the Bible students, I figured he was a witness. He also said that he was a missionary in, I think, Spain, during a time when Catholocism was the only approved religion, thus, he had to figure out how to become very, very private to avoid punishment. This, in combination with his studies and a picture of him with his briefcase wearing a very witness-like suit, led me to believe that he was a missionary with the Witnesses for a long time. I could be wrong though, he could easily have been working with another religious group (mormons?) since pretty much everything was banned. He also has some interesting takes on weapons that no Witness would admit to openly. He has, at the very least, studied with the Witnesses. In reading his other books, I don't think I'm wrong though (does anyone other than JWs teach that Jesus is a mediator to god rather than god?)

Also, he changed his recommendation about hiring Mormons and 7th Day Adventists. He only recommends witnesses now.

• oompa
    oompa

I have had two seperate witnesses, one male one female steal thousands of dollars from me. Both in very clever ways. The girl picked up the mail at the post office....trashed the monthly bank statement because she was forging company checks. My general managers husband put on a company shirt, bought thousands of dollars of stuff on account at hardware stores we had accounts at, and sold them to workmates...........................so I now dont know about this..............oompa

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I've had "brothers" steal from me too.

Still, as a general rule, I think hiring a Pioneer is relatively safe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit