Danish film, "Worlds Apart," (about JW girl) reviewed by XJW author

by AndersonsInfo 53 Replies latest jw friends

• inkling
    inkling

This one subject I am happy to see necroposted....

By way of update, here is a current torrent for the movie with english subtitles:

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/57759561/To+verdener?tab=summary

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Inkling, that link caused my computer to freak out and say there was malicious software detected and to scan my computer NOW. FYI to others.

Rachel

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

False alarm, no threats were found when I did a full scan. I don't know what that was, but I do know it happened when I clicked that link.

I guess the fear of the virus is fresh in my heart and mind since I lost my last laptop to 5,000 viruses a few short months ago! (It's since been cleaned up but will never quite be the same. It's sort of like a very expensive word processer and movie-watching device that seems to be suffering from PTSD now.)

Sorry to go off topic. I was just trying to warn others against the Big Bad Computer Virus.

Rachel

• inkling
    inkling
    Sorry to go off topic. I was just trying to warn others against the Big Bad Computer Virus.

Hey, no problem! Caution is always warranted when dealing with any sort of internet downloads,
    and especially when dealing with the shadier side of the internet like torrents and other user-provided
    content.

This torrent was actually created by me, last year, and as far as I know is a clean file.

I also do not endorse the pirating of DVDs if they are available legally, but last I knew this
    DVD was not sold in a format that is compatable with US DVD players.

If anyone ever finds a copy of the DVD here in the states, please buy it to show your support,
    and please let me know!

[inkling]

• brinjen
    brinjen

The only other option is to get the DVD and use a program like DVD Decrypter to back it up and remove the region coding... still technically illegal though.

• inkling
    inkling
    The only other option is to get the DVD and use a program like DVD Decrypter to back it up and remove the region coding... still technically illegal though.

Yeah, I actually have a copy of the full PAL version of the DVD on my computer.

Computers can play it, home DVD players cannot.

[inkling]

• brinjen
    brinjen

I forgot about that.. it would also have to be converted to NTSC...

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm watching "Worlds Apart" on the Sundance channel; one thing I'd forgotten about the movie is the fact that Sara sleeps with the boyfriend "Teis" while she's still a "good little JW girl", THEN confesses it to her mother!!!! Whataidiot!!!!

WHAT on earth makes people do things like this??? If they're going to be - well, a hypocrite - why the heck don't they KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT ABOUT IT!!??!! THEN - when Teis offers her assistance - a home, a relationship, a REAL life - WITH the blessings of his parents [and one would assume with their financial assistance - which could have helped her obtain a higher education] - she destroys THAT chance at happiness, too!!!

Reminds me of that thread I started about how people are PROGRAMMED TO FAIL if they leave the JWs... Sheesh!! One would think that 'survival instinct' would take over and direct her in the right direction for moving her life FORward!!!

As I am watching the movie right now, she's limping along, trying to live in two worlds at once - of course, hence the title "Worlds Apart" - but she "commits fornication" with her boyfriend while supposedly attempting to 'convert' him to the JW religion, then moves in with her boyfriend while attempting to 'keep up appearances', THEN while living with the boyfriend, starts to act like a blasted NUN - no more sex, the elders might find out!!! WHAT the FRUCK???? Talk about having a 'split' personality!!! "Cognitive Dissonance" doesn't even BEGIN to cover this bizarre, self-destructive IDIOCY!!!

I sure hope I wasn't this idiotic when I got out.... Urk! Maybe I was... Zid...

P.S. But I did 'end' the relationship with the WTBTS abruptly - no 'waffling'... When I decided to 'walk', I walked...

• ziddina
    ziddina

I just want to rattle this girl's brains; I want to shake her till her teeth rattle; she's got a steady boyfriend [I didn't have anyone when I left...], his family offering financial support while she gets a better education [all I had was a job - no higher education - I was financially self-reliant but with little to no financial security... no savings and no real education...]

She's got a good support system in place; I'm envious of how much support she has [more than I had when I left...], and yet she won't stand up to her father/the elders/her family and tell them the TRUTH about her new, REAL life...

She can't even see the vast potential and freedom opening up in front of her; all she sees is that little "Watchtower" box...

Yuk. I was NEVER like that... Zid

(Trying really hard not to judge...)

• dinah
    dinah

I've got to watch this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit