Danish film, "Worlds Apart," (about JW girl) reviewed by XJW author

by AndersonsInfo 53 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

A complimentary copy of "Worlds Apart," with English subtitles, was sent to us by the Danish producer of the film. While we watched, sometimes we forgot to breathe because we were so totally absorbed. Probably why the film emotionally moved us so much is because we are disfellowshipped and shunned.

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses really shun disfellowshipped parents or children who they love? Is shunning an act of kindness so that "sinners" will experience the profound loss of God's favor and want to repent and rejoin the flock? When you see how the film, "World's Apart" concludes, you'll see what shunning a loved one is really about. Hint: Shunning is an act of selfishness.

This film, a true story, excellently captures what is being played out in the lives of young JWs everywhere. After it was over, we sat there in silence, overcome with sadness.

Barbara and Joe

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

A little bit of triva. At the end of the film, the blonde girl sitting across from the main star of the film is the real former JW girl upon which the story is based.

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

I watched about 4 times already,

I got my copy from CD wow..

I REALLY want them to remake it in english, its very good made me cry the first time. The seen with the brother is great. There are a couple of glaring mistakes, like hairy elders & trousers on girls! ut forgivable....

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

This film be shown on major cinemas in Norway as one of the Christmas movies... I am going to see it with my aunt and two cousins... Apart from that I will host a DVD-showing at home with some of my colleagues at work. I am looking forward to hearing their views of the film. the first time I saw it, I saw it with several ex-witnesses and their partners. We were very absorbed and touched by the movies. An ex-witness brother was used as a consultant for the film, explaining the accuracy in language, clothing, and the general depitiction of JW life. (In Denmark, bears are allowed)...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Is it possible for me to purchase the DVD (Region 1, with English subtitles) online right now? If so, will you please provide a link?

I'm dying to see it.

Thank You,

LWT

• watson
    watson

Comcast On Demand has it now. Watched it this AM. Well done. A couple minor touches could be made for finite accuracy, but not necessary.

• Ri
    Ri

"There are a couple of glaring mistakes, like hairy elders & trousers on girls! ut forgivable....'

I noticed that to jaxmarx lol

• ninja
    ninja

and also ...there were no older sisters with moustaches....totally unrealistic

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Thanks, Watson. I 'm going to look for it tomorrow on Comcast. It sounds Great!

• willyloman
    willyloman

If you have Time Warner Cable and live in Southern California, check your "movies on demand" listings. I found it there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit