Motivation

by ItsJustMe 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

I'm obviously new here, so I'm going to ask a question I'm sure has been discussed before but has me quite curious. What motivates you to spend so much time discussing Jehovah's Witnesses?

• ISP
    ISP

All of us have been effected by our WTS experience...some more than others. You will find that there are a broad range of views on matters of belief etc.. but all are concerned with truth. Folks are also concerned with those ones who wake up from the dark sleep of WT life to see it for what it is. These ones need support and a place of reason and sanity.

ISP

• Xena
    Xena

Personally I enjoy the interaction with people who have some of the same backround and experiences that I do...simple as that

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm just trying to look down Xena's shirt.

• Xena
    Xena

Well 69 it would help if you had a pic with eyes to look...and if you were above me

lol oopps you are above me now!!!!! [:|]

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Good question. After making a move to definitely leave the Witnesses I found myself spending a lot of time writing on the old H2O. I think part of it was to simply work out a lot of the issues left after spending 35 years as a very active JW.

I have dramatically reduced my involvment with the boards in the past 8 months or so. Too much time taken in a very busy, rapidly changing personal and career life. In the last few weeks I've reconnected with an old Witness buddy who left the WTS about 5 years before I did. We're writing regularly, and we both agree that the Witnesses, especially it seems for those raised in it, had a huge and longlasting impact. It takes time to recover from that and move on.

And in agreement with Xena, there is the draw of people who have shared your experience. My friend said he was so glad to be in touch with someone who understood where he was coming from with a JW background. There is a strong sense of community in these boards, and for many the friendships become an important part of their lives. I know that happened for me.
    S4

• willy_think
    willy_think

the WTB&TS cult stole my family. i can't talk with them about the WT but i can still talk. every time i read about someone who has freed themseleves from the slavery or the WT i take heart and share in there joy and freedom. but mostly i wait for the new light that will help my family see the WTB&TS inc. for what it is. i wait to read the posts my farther or brothers writes.

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Aha! Iknew it...it's the great motivator...sex!

• ISP
    ISP

Hey ItsJustMe...did I say that or are just reading my mind?

ISP

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

After spending a whole life-time as a JW and just recently making the decision to leave and not go back ever again...it is refreshing to find other people who have "been there, done that". And with the controlled mind-set of most if not all active JW's...a person who is in the process of leaving or has already left certainly doesn't have the freedom to discuss their feelings with the people who have supposedly been their "family" for (in my case) over four decades.

And besides, I can't afford a psychologist to help me with withdrawal. So this is cheap therapy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit