Motivation

by ItsJustMe 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

ISP...I just type quicker

• Xena
    Xena

That's a really good point HadEnuf...most of us don't have family anymore to discuss our new beliefs with (they are to busy shunning us)...for a lot of us (I know it is true for me) this is now the "family" that we can open up to and share our new found feelings with.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I come here to discuss life with people who understand where I am coming from.

Joel

• Grout
    Grout

Anyone who was a dub for any length of time must put a high value on the approval of others, or he wouldn't stay a dub. So we seek approval and belonging outside the WTS as well. No shame in that, we're only human.

• Mum
    Mum

I find it therapeutic to talk with others who have been through experiences similar to mine. People with no JW contact or experience don't understand the JW experience at all!

I also have family members who claim to be JW's, so I like to keep up on the latest developments, such as "It's late again folks," the UN scandal, child molestation scandal, etc.

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

I'd just like to thank you for responding so honestly to my question.

• DIM
    DIM

i'm 24 years old and have been a part of this religion for 22 years. My wife and I are working our way out of this now. I need to ask questions and discuss certain aspects of my upbringing that only fellow ex-jw's and jw's would understand. I don't plan on doing this forever, but how long my recovery will take is anybody's guess - who knows?

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

DIM - you are fortunate that you and your wife are both drawing the same conclusions.

• ianao
    ianao

I personally enjoy indluging in Elite Organized Fanaticism (tm)

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I've been out long enough and taken enough therapy to deal with most of my JW trauma. I came here to find an online group of friends because I'm very introverted in real life and prefer to start my association with people online and then perhaps move forward into face to face contacts. I have enough in common with many people here to feel comfortable with them and perhaps I can help others in their own personal evolution and growth.

Besides that, I still have resentment for what the Borg does to screw people up and this is my shot at trying to fix their clock.

Skipper

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit