Spiritual labyrinth

by Word 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Word
    Word

I feel a deep spiritual connection to the earth and the Universe that it's a part of and nature in all its wonder and my fellow humans, even dogmatic Christians such as yourself.

I feel spirituality all around me.

It's ever-present.

And it's not dependent on anything or anyone supernatural.

What need do I have for "the spiritual paradise of Christ"?

This primitive caveman or Indian spirituality, is too small for me

The spiritual paradise of Christ is endless

• Word
    Word
    This is what beliefs do, they put you in a box and thereby create separation. No other possibilities exist because your belief requires that. Is it any wonder that there is so much suspicion, hatred, and violence in the name of "God" sanctioned by separate belief systems?

Well, poppers the separation is needed to have functional spiritual paradis of this huge magnitude It's a very large "box" indeed (Revelation 21: 16)

• poppers
    poppers
    Well, poppers the separation is needed to have functional spiritual paradis of this huge magnitude It's a very large "box" indeed

But it's still a box that divides people from one another based on belief only, and from division violence will inevitably ensue.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It's ever-present.

Vizzinignbk: Spirituality, ever present, and without the supernatural.

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Vizzinignbk: Inconceiveable! Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against real Spirituality, when *death* is on the line!". Hahahahahah!

Inigo Montoya: My name is Inigo Montoya, you'v commited a classic oxymoron, prepare to die.

[Vizzinignbk falls over dead]

Burn

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

So is it specifically belief in God that causes division and violence, or is it dogmatic belief/defense of a BELIEF?

It seems to me that communists, who's official state belief was atheism, also have killed a lot of people for a BELIEF.

• poppers
    poppers
    So is it specifically belief in God that causes division and violence, or is it dogmatic belief/defense of a BELIEF?

It is beliefs. The core belief is the belief that you are separate from everything else. This core belief then adds others to it to further differentiate itself from perceived "others". Those other beliefs are hugely influenced by family, society, culture, education, politics, and especially religion. Religious beliefs are most toxic because they give sanction to harm others in the name of "God". Political beliefs are nearly as bad as religion, but are especially bad when they have some kind of religious overtone in them.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

It's ever-present.

Vizzinignbk: Spirituality, ever present, and without the supernatural.

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Vizzinignbk: Inconceiveable! Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against real Spirituality, when *death* is on the line!". Hahahahahah!

Inigo Montoya: My name is Inigo Montoya, you'v commited a classic oxymoron, prepare to die.

[Vizzinignbk falls over dead]

Burn

LMAO

Very cute, Burn.

I think spirituality doesn't mean what you think it means.

So there.

LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit