by Word 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Word
    Word

The Watchtower followers are in a spiritual labyrinth

Far away from the spiritual paradise of Christ

in which Christ himself is the new tree of life

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I think it's like a spiritual sweat-shop. Keep working, do what we say, and turn off your brain.

• Word
    Word

Or a spiritual mumbojumbo

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Can spirituality be experienced apart from the "spiritual paradise of Christ"?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Christianity itself is a labyrinth. There are thousands of sects and denominations claiming to be the path to follow to the true Christ. It could take decades to fully examine them all, and who knows, you still might come up empty.

• poppers
    poppers

I wouldn't characterize it as a "labyrinth" but as a maze. In a labyrinth all you have to do is keep moving and you will reach the center - there is no getting lost, even with all its twists and turns. A maze, however, is one blind alley after another, resulting in confusion, frustration, and fear.... As an aside note, I used to construct labyrinths (both 7 circuit and 11 circuit) to walk, which is a very moving and peaceful experience. My biggest one was an 11 circuit one that measured 93 feet in diameter...

Here is some information that may be useful (and please forgive me for taking the thread in a different direction)... http://www.lessons4living.com/labyrinth.htm

• Word
    Word

nvrgnbk,

Can spirituality be experienced apart from the "spiritual paradise of Christ"?

Yes, primitive spirituality that leads nowhere.

• Word
    Word

Gopher
    Christianity itself is a labyrinth. There are thousands of sects and denominations claiming to be the path to follow to the true Christ. It could take decades to fully examine them all, and who knows, you still might come up empty.

Well there's a billion folowers of Christ enjoying his spiritual paradise today

So It Isn't that empty

• Gopher
    Gopher

There are 2.1 billion nominal Christians today.

Also, there are 1.5 billion Muslims. They are following Allah and they too believe they are enjoying a sort of spiritual paradise.

Also there are 900 million Hindus, and I work alongside several of them. They appear to be pleased too.

With all these varieties of spiritual "paradise", the whole world should be a wonderful peaceful place. It's not peaceful, however. Religion does not necessarily lead to peacefulness, and sometimes it does quite the opposite.

The JW's are just one among many groups claiming to have answers about the here and the hereafter. They can't all be right. It's all a maze.

• Word
    Word

There are 2.1 billion nominal Christians today.

Also, there are 1.5 billion Muslims. They are following Allah and they too believe they are enjoying a sort of spiritual paradise.

Also there are 900 million Hindus, and I work alongside several of them. They appear to be pleased too.

With all these varieties of spiritual "paradise", the whole world should be a wonderful peaceful place. It's not peaceful, however. Religion does not necessarily lead to peacefulness, and sometimes it does quite the opposite.

The JW's are just one among many groups claiming to have answers about the here and the hereafter. They can't all be right. It's all a maze.

False Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhist and so on

do not live in Christ's peaceful spiritual paradise

They will remain outside forever

Revelation 22: 14-15

Earthly paradise will never come

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit