Sincerely,

Born-only-once-God-nonrecognizer

• BFD
    BFD

tsk, tsk, nvr.

BFD

• sspo
    sspo

That's what i used to think when i was a JW but for many it's another way to connect with God and feel close to him.

Yes the Catholic church does feel they are the true church but of course every other denomination feels the same way.

One positive thing about being Catholic is you don't have to accept all of their techings, you can almost do what you want with no consequences.

You can pick and choose what you want. I do not agree with their bowing down and kissing and praying to their statues but

i would choose them over the JW's anytime.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

JWs hate Catholics. JWs hate apostates. Being both, apostate and Catholic is a sure way to make sure the stupid JWs don't bother you anymore.

W

• Layla33
    Layla33

Yes, it does perplex me at times, but then I realize everyone needs to define their own belief system.

For me, I just see religion entirely as group-think and man trying to interpet God. When you add in how many times and years the bible was rewritten and even constructed, it is a wonder that anyone leaving the JW religion would want to be apart of a religion in any way.

But as I am one not to walk someone else's path, these are just my thoughts and if it works for someone else, I wish them well.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I have many Catholic friends in Mexico and they do not practice shunning. They do dislike Witnesses, but only when they come knocking at your door. Not that it happens much there! I have always felt welcome in their churches, and never were pestered-just ocasionally gawked at. But even that stopped as they accepted the green eyed stranger with open arms.

As far as criticism of other orgs., well it is competition after all, and it IS about money.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I went to AA meetings there was a saying " attending AA Fuxs up your drinking."

Well in the same veing "Attending the kingdumb hall affects your ability to join another church."

When you cross either threshold your no longer innocent.

My uncle is a catholic. He tells me he finds peace in his beliefs.

Many of the catholics I know keep things simpler than the witnesses they go to church once or twice a year, play with some beads and their good to go.

The early gangsters, mafia, were alll catholics it enabled them to sin/kill and be forgiven by attending confession and reciting a few prayers.

The problem with the witnesses is they paint themselves into a corners. Their stock and trade is false predictions with dates. The dates come and go. And the witnesses are left holding the bag.

They have to outlaw their own litterature thats a few years old.

As far as I'm aware modern day catholics arent into issuing verifiable false predictions.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yeah, I don't get it either. Out of the frying pan into the fire. But I think all religion stinks, it's all about control and money. I explored different religions when I left the org., but they are all the same, with different trappings.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I love the tradition of the Catholic religion. And how old they are, and the beautiful churches. While I may go with our neighbors on Easter, or some other time, I won't become any religion. I don't feel salvation or spirituality depend upon a place or label.

momz

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

If I can become a practising Druid, I suppose other XJWs can become catholics!

G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit