Just released from the Hospital. Checked No Religion. Wierd.

by Wasanelder Once 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I was in hospital for my son's birth in July of '05. I got "fixed" and had an X-ray to confirm it a couple weeks ago. At my pre admission they asked about my DPA. I told them to disregard my previous one, I was in the process of making a new one, because of religion change. She said, " So you want to change from JW?". I said yes, I am now a wiccan. I'm not, I just liked the shock value when I described "wiccan". I'm in the South, if you're not Baptist....

If you can't laugh...

momz

• willyloman
    willyloman

Hope you get well and stay that way!

Somebody wrote:

I wonder if there is preferrential treatment according to your religion...

This practice dates back to the day when most people expressed some religious practice. To this day, hospitals post a census which identifies the patient, his/her religion and room number. These census lists are made available to priests and ministers who come to hospitals to visit fellow believers. JWs utilize this privilege, too, when their HLC guys come to check on who's in the hospital so they can provide "comfort" to them (and perhaps monitor their blood intake ).

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Willyloman wrote: JWs utilize this privilege, too, when their HLC guys come to check on who's in the hospital so they can provide "comfort" to them (and perhaps monitor their blood intake ).

Yup. It's true. Happened to me in the visit I mentioned earlier. An elder I'd never met came into my room and then had the gall to ask me in front of my roommate if I still considered myself a JW, etc (or some such questioning).

It's slightly off-topic, but seems like a good time to remind anyone reading: Update your DPA/AMD now, before you actually need it and change your religious designation at any hospital that may have record of you from the past. If you don't want to say 'no' you can just put 'Christian-NonDenominational'.

Trust me on this, the last thing you want while you are fading and trying to recover in a hospital setting is a prelude to a Judical Committee.

-Aude. (Been there, done that. Got the hospital records to show for it: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/95897/1.ashx)

Sorry for the hijack. I really feel very strongly about this and want others to avoid possible trouble.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Thou Shalt not Kill (Threads) Aude Sapere

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Thou Shalt not Kill (Threads) Aude Sapere

LOL!! See?? It's happened again. Dang. -Aude.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I recently saw my oncologist for a visit prior to my colonoscopy in March. This guy is new, as the former doctor left his practice due to ill health. When reviewing my file he asked me if I was still a JW, so I assured him I was not. I'd hate to end up in a hospital and have them thinking I was still a JW.

W

• oompa
    oompa

you are lucky to even be alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........................................oompa

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I hope you are doing well. What is your religion? I would have said No religion.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It started with a small infection on my face and went into a "Bells palsy" type thing. My lip went numb and drooped. Because the infection was so near the eye socket they put me in for inter venous antibiotics. My lip eventually came back, a nerve was being compressed by the swelling. I looked like I had a grapefruit under my cheek. It hurt like hell. I soaked my face for a week trying to get rid of it but nothing worked. Something minor became a close call. I'm better now. Thanks. W.Once

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Yikes! Sounds a little like cellulitis.

Any infection in the head is serious. I'm glad you are on the mend.

-Denise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit