Just released from the Hospital. Checked No Religion. Wierd.

by Wasanelder Once 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I just got home from three days in the hospital. What a nightmare place. They lost my pants, tried to give me an echocardiagram meant for the guy in the next room or down the hall somewhere and didn't give me the insulin I required. The thing that felt the most strange was when the nurse was asking questions for the form and said, "What is your religion?" I responded without thinking, "NONE". That was so weird I can't even describe it. How about you? What do you say in those situations if you are not an active witnoid or anything else? Are you tempted to say "Witness" out of habit? W.Once

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I had minor surgery 3 years ago. I put JW as a religion and asked about blood. The Doc said I would lose about a tablespoon of blood so I laughed it off. For the most part it was no big deal as it was out patient

• tula
    tula
    "What is your religion?" I responded without thinking, "NONE".

Maybe that's why they lost your pants and tried to give you the other guys treatment.

I wonder if there is preferrential treatment according to your religion. If you say none, then maybe they assume you have no morals. That's the way their brains are wired.

You answered correctly and TRUTHFULLY. "No religion" doesn't mean you have no spirituality. But I don't think most people would understand that.

I hope you are doing much better now. I am so glad you are out of there. Hospitals are very dangerous places. Sometimes you end up with more germs than you bargained for.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree with the danger comment. Although my Parents are well to do and received the best care money can buy, The hospital was reckless and aloof.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One thing I hate about allopathic medicine is that they are always messing up. And when they do, the consequences can be catastrophic (and yet they make you pay for it anyways, often lying about the source of the error to make it look like a mere complication). Hospitals are notorious for these kinds of problems.

Pretty soon, we are going to have the Census of 2010. Plenty of people are going to be having to put down religious affiliation, and I look forward to checking "None" instead of identifying myself as a Jehovah's Witless. T guess the choices would be atheist, Devil worshiper (I do worship the Watchtower's Satan), or no religion.

• minu
    minu

Oh great, just when I thought I had conquered my fears about my outpatient procedure happening on Monday, I have to go and click on this topic.

But in answer to the original question, I tell them none. I was telling drs this even before I was officially kicked out.

• Mary
    Mary
    I just got home from three days in the hospital. What a nightmare place.

Hey, I was wondering where you were. Are you okay? Why did you have to spend 3 days in the hospital?

The thing that felt the most strange was when the nurse was asking questions for the form and said, "What is your religion?" I responded without thinking, "NONE". That was so weird I can't even describe it. How about you? What do you say in those situations if you are not an active witnoid or anything else?

I just say the same as you: None.

• dawg
    dawg

I have no answers to your question, just wishing that yuo are well...my thoughts are with you.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Sorry to hear you were ill but happy to see you back online.

I had an emergency 2 years ago and spent 5 days in CCU. Since I already had an AMD on file with this hospital from when I was a believer, they had noted 'JW' on my file. At admission from the ER I requested a change to my record and a recission of my AMD. They made some changes but those were not made system-wide. Later in the day when I was moved/admitted to a room, a nurse came to get info form me and she (surprisingly) confirmed that my religion was 'JW'. I said "No". She then asked, "What are you now?". My response: "Happy!".

True story. Actually the full story is logged in JWD archives under my original account.

Funny. That hospital stay was full of troubles, too. I wonder if there's something to your query.

At any rate, Welcome home!

-Aude.

• dinah
    dinah

Dude, they lost your pants???? What did you wear home?

The first time I answer "No" to the religion question it felt weird, probably because it's beat into us to declare that we're Jehovah's Witnesses. (We speak our in fearlessness. Our is the God of true propheceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee) Sorry I can't see the words "we're jehovah's witnesses without that popping in my head).

So, are you okay now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit