Do you have blue eyes? We could be related!

by Bumble Bee 27 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    We are all mutants and we are all related. Some people are just more closely related to each other.

Shut up and play your piano Manilow. HS

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I have green eyes but my father had blue so I guess I am related to the blue eyed ancestor.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Jean M. Auel wrote a better version of this article and called it 'Clan of the Cave Bear'.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Brown eyes are better...less light sensitivity...hehe

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

As I posted yesterday, DONUTS make MY brown eyes Blue. TY Lmao

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

What absolute tosh.

As the Flood happened only 4377 years ago and Adam was created only 6033 years ago this must be a case of

Satan blinding the eyes (whatever colour) of the unbelievers.

Thanks

Thomas Covenant (the unbeliever)

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Jean M. Auel wrote a better version of this article and called it 'Clan of the Cave Bear'.

An excellent book... an excellent series. But I would say it's more about the short period of time when neanderthals and modern humans shared the earth. If you read the rest of the series Ayla is not the only one with blue eyes ;) Jackie

• Satanus
    Satanus

Blue eyes are from the alien experimentation ;-)

S

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    "Out of 800 persons we have only found one person which didn't fit — but his eye color was blue with a single brown spot," Eiberg told LiveScience, referring to the finding that blue-eyed individuals all had the same sequence of DNA linked with melanin production.

I have blue eyes with a single brown spot in my right eye.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Another blue-eyed relative here!

I wonder whether the evolutionary process is the opposite way round to what the article says though. My reasoning being that if the first life forms from which we evolved were underwater where there is little sunlight and less UV, they would have had less pigmentation - compare this with sea life today and those weird creatures which live at the deepest level being virtually translucent - albino?

Later then, as humans moved to warmer climates/as the earth warmed up, the gene actually switched on to produce melanin and darker eye-colouring for protection from the sun's UV. Again, compare with today when a 'white' person gets a sun tan. It just seems to make more sense to me this way around.

Ok - over to the scholars of evolution to sort it out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit