Slowly but surely...

by nvrgnbk 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

word is spreading.

The elder that works with me told me that a ministerial servant in his congo asked him about the UN scandal.

He confirmed to the brother that the Watchtower was involved with the UN but later disassociated itself and warned him that not all elders would handle his question so discreetly.

I doubt we'll see the cult disappear, but it's encouraging to see that many are waking up and are at least asking some difficult questions.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I know someone dfd for asking about the UN scandal. So, some elders don't take too kindly to it. I wish it would become common knowledge among the jws, but I fear it would not help much. The society would use it as a loyalty issue.

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

More and more difficult questions will be asked. The individuals asking them will face the consequences of questioning "Jehovah's Organisation". As was mentioned this does depend on who is asked. Elders are still men and often have their own opinions.

Hiding peodophiles is a huge problem as well. This would disgust 99.9 percent of any group.

FF

• tula
    tula
    I wish it would become common knowledge among the jws, but I fear it would not help much.

Even my friend, upon learning of the UN association, decided that even if it did happen, it must have been for some reason to benefit the bros. I think some people will rationalize that, for whatever reason it was necessary, the motive of the WTS was altruistic.

There will always be die-hards.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I wish it would become common knowledge among the jws, but I fear it would not help much.

Even my friend, upon learning of the UN association, decided that even if it did happen, it must have been for some reason to benefit the bros. I think some people will rationalize that, for whatever reason it was necessary, the motive of the WTS was altruistic.

True.

After his initial two seconds of shock, my father quickly defended it as a way to promote kingdom interests.

• oompa
    oompa

I believe it probably was a way to promote kindom interests...not a library password..........and it still stinks a bit.....but what is the real big deal? Paul did say that to Jews I became Jews and all...........where is the harm in this?.... I just dont get it.....I could live with this way better than us changing the frikkin bible to fit our beliefs........................................................oompa

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That's good to hear, Nvr.

Tula, you're right-That is something for me personally to keep in mind should I ever actually get that call from Brother M...z about my letter disclosing the UN information.

This was one of the laslt blows to my already thin strings to the wt.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I believe it probably was a way to promote kindom interests...not a library password..........and it still stinks a bit.....but what is the real big deal?

The question about JW's is ... do the doctrines matter, or NOT? They just seem to pass off in their literature whatever will control people.

Their doctrine is that the UN is the image of the wild beast of Revelation, and a substitute for God's Kingdom, and as such is an enemy of God.

Then they go against their doctrine, appearing to be friendly to an enemy of God, without revealing it to their membership, and then they suddenly withdrew for no good reason other than that "apostates" published it on JWD and the news spread to the Guardian newspaper in the U.K.

It more than stinks, it proves the WTS leadership liars and cowards.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

My God! Uh, no pun intended...

They can break their vows for a lousy library card while borthers in Malawi died because they can't join a political party...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    but what is the real big deal?

Here's the problem, oompa...

in years past, they criticized other religious organizations, in particular the Catholics, for doing exactly what they did- simply registering with the UN as NGO's to promote their respective interests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit