Slowly but surely...

by nvrgnbk 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mary
    Mary
    He confirmed to the brother that the Watchtower was involved with the UN but later disassociated itself and warned him that not all elders would handle his question so discreetly.

Gosh, if they don't have anything to hide, why the veiled threats? Would Jesus give someone a veiled threat for simply asking a question??

They're getting scared that between the UN Scandal, the pedophile cover-up, the never-ending news reports of some crazy Witness who either beats or murders their family members was caught, their insane reasoning on the blood ban that is costing lives, plus all their 'new light' that effectively dismisses generations of foundational beliefs, are perhaps making the rank and file wake up and smell the coffee.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

CL:

The society would use it as a loyalty issue.

YOU BET! I served on a JC that DFd a brother for apostasy. It became a loyalty issue. I did not want to serve on that JC, because I felt the brother had a legit question regarding the UN. As a test of loyalties, IMO, the CO told the PO of our congo thatall the elders had to serve on the JC. This way, any elder that tried to wiggle out was immediately suspect. This JC started because of the question about the UN. This brother (who eventually was DF'd) asked the then secretary to write a letter on his behalf to the Society. The secretary did this without the knowledge of the rest of the BOE. Of course, the Society sent back a copy of the letter along with a letter of explanation to the BOE about the UN. We, the BOE, were told we could share the essence of the letter with the brother who initiated the request, but could NOT share the ACTUAL letter with him. Believe me, this explanation did not set well with this brother, as it shouldn't have. Meanwhile, the secretary who wrote the inquiry letter stepped aside, supposedly over work demands. I highly suspect the hypocrisy of the Society's response got to him...just a guess on my part. He was a good elder in my estimation. Last I heard he was barely active and missing a lot of meetings.

What got this brother DF'd were three things combined: 1) an email with information regarding the UN question he sent anonymously to a sister in the congo..who immediately brought it to the PO; 2) his personal blog; and 3) he was partaking at the Memorial. . Neither 2) or 3) were enough to get him. If this brother had not admitted to the email, the JC would have had nothing concrete on him. Those three things combined got him. I tried to warn him to lie low, as I knew a JC investigative committee (pre-JC 2 Gestapo elders) were looking into him. I personally think he wanted the elders to pull the trigger. He also put the BOE through an appeals committee...we all knew that was going to be a rubber stamp against him...I respect him for going up against them and standing his ground on a lot of other issues. I was lurking here by then, and I had a lot of doubts (the UN was old news to me before this) and I was paving the way to my deletion and eventual fade.....

So as to the UN thing....anyone who tries to bring it up....be prepared for a stock answer from the Society....a very unsatisfying answer I must say. If you don't drop it, prepare for the worst.... FEAR WILL KEEP THIS QUIET AND THE SHEEPLISHERS FROM THINKING TOO MUCH ABOUT THIS.

Snakes ()

PS>>>>> I wonder if the boys in Crooklyn Frights Splatterson, NY are looking for ME....LOL.......

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow, Snakes... that inside scoop was pretty chilling.

And Oompa... it was a HUGE deal for me when I found out about the UN scandal. How huge? I had already been out for 20 years when I completely accidentally stumbled upon the UN information. Do you know what my reaction was? I didn't believe it. I knew it had to be a lie. Out for two whole decades, and I knew the organization I grew up in would not do such a thing... the U.N. was the whore of Babylon... I had the WTBTS illustration of the scarlet-colored wild beast and that harlot burned into my mind! I thought, "THOSE APOSTATES! They have enough to be upset about, why would they make this stuff UP?" So... I Googled, trying to prove it wrong. I ended up on the official United Nations site, proving it completely factual.

It created a whole new perspective for me... even after being out for lo those many years. I no longer make excuses for them. I know what they are.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Gosh, if they don't have anything to hide, why the veiled threats? Would Jesus give someone a veiled threat for simply asking a question??

Sorry if it sounded like a threat, Mary.

He was letting the guy know that there are a few elders that you can be "real" with that will not judge you or turn you in for simply asking a question, but that not all are so open-minded.

• flipper
    flipper

It is true that in the witness cult , a person has to be careful what questions they ask - and which elder they ask it to. Some elders who hang on to shreds of a decent " non cult " influenced personality might answer kindly to a person asking this , directing them to what they need to know . But another elder might rip the person to bits , and call up a judicial committee on the person asking the question - quicker than the girls head turning around on her shoulders in the Exorcist !

As is evidenced by Snakes reply - anybody wishing to fade from the witness cult with minimal loss of family , should be very careful who they trust in divulging information they have attained about the U.N. or other " earmarkings " that would cause people like the sister in Snakes reply to rat out this brother to the elders.

But, that being said , if a person doesn't care what anybody thinks - hell, just be a bull in a china shop and let all the witnesses know about the U.N. thing. Most of them are in the dark about that and the child abuse thing , so any knowledge they get of it is all good to help them see the deception of the organization ! Just being the devil's advocate here looking at things from both sides . Personally I like the bull in the china shop method ! It's more fun ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit