Ways to get in trouble at the hall without actually getting in trouble...

by cognac 23 Replies latest social humour

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Cognac,

That made my day! I admire your CHEEK!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    i think I remember somebody else on this forum saying to leave empty bottles of hard liquor in the trash in the bathrooms... lol...

Or condom wrappers...?

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

When I was getting close to leaving I said something in a comment about being able ot look up reviews of translations online. The study article was all about how great the NWT is, so I said it like we can verify how "great" the NWT is from the professionals. The elder looked like a deer in the headlights and told me after that we don't want to encourage JW's to look things up online. He was one smart brother, and I have little doubt he has read at least some apostate info online.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

hmm

If someone sent a cheque to Bethel with instruction that it be used for the Watchtower Pedophile Defense Fund, would they cash it? WIth donor rules about money being used as directed, could said donor get evidence of how the money was used....

just thinking out loud ...

Uzzah

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If only Simon would bend the rules a bit we could all create second accounts on the board using the names of elders we didn't like.

Maybe they'd get "investigated".

W

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Cognac,

Great going! Maybe it'll get some to think.

How about... iffn you're gonna contribute money to the box - write a check with a negative amount on it... something like $-5.00. Make sure that in the written amount you spell out "Negative Five and no/100"

See if it gets cashed - or if your account goes up by $5.00. heh heh heh

Regards,

Jim TX

• minimus
    minimus

I like sticking to facts. Research an answer to something you know is either (example:"so that's the reason why Witnesses will not celebrate a birthday, because in the Bible birthdays are associated with DEATH").

Or give misinformation such as making the point that the WT. states it's a person matter if one votes, knowing that the excuse is that the QFR is directed for those of OTHER countries.....Huh???

• blondie
    blondie
    *** w97 5/15 p. 9 par. 3 When Jesus Comes in Kingdom Glory ***Six days before the transfiguration, Jesus told his followers: "The Son of man is destined to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will recompense each one according to his behavior." These words would be fulfilled at "the conclusion of the system of things." Jesus further stated: "Truly I say to you that there are some of those standing here that will not taste death at all until first they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." (Matthew 16:27, 28; 24:3; 25:31-34, 41; Daniel 12:4) The transfiguration took place in fulfillment of these latter words.
    *** w93 6/1 p. 14 par. 3 Be Sound in Mind—The End Is Close ***What Jesus next says illustrates the certainty of his future coming. Authoritatively he states: "Truly I say to you that there are some of those standing here that will not taste death at all until first they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." (Matthew 16:28) These words are fulfilled six days later. A brilliant vision of Jesus transfigured amazes his intimate disciples. They actually see Jesus’ face shining as the sun and his clothing glitteringly white. The transfiguration was a foreview of Christ’s glory and Kingdom. What a strengthening confirmation of the Kingdom prophecies! What a powerful incentive for the disciples to be sound in mind!—2 Peter 1:16-19.
  • minu
    minu
    If they tell you not to bring in anything for the children (toys, candy, etc.), bring them in anyway and deploy them.

When I was growing up, there was a brother that always had candy in his pocket for all the kids in the hall. He'd distribute it after the meeting was over. Later on, he ended up getting disfellowshipped and us kids were so sad that we wouldn't be getting candy anymore from him after the meetings. . . wonder where he is now.

• JK666
    JK666

I used to like to apply counsel to elders I didn't like from the platform. It was always veiled, but they knew exactly who I was talking about. It won me no brownie points!

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit