Why Do YOU Come Here?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• multifarious
    multifarious

I don't know yet. Don't know if I'll stay here or not.

• cognac
    cognac

its miserable to not be around people who understand...

• oompa
    oompa

mini:

Why do WE come here? Is it for "friendship"?.........no, friendship has to be in person

To learn about Jews?......no..you have to figure it out with serious study

To play fun games like Werewolf?.....have never checked it out

To get people worked up?......would never want to do that

Because we're depressed or bored?.....i am very depressed after finding the real truth...so that is part of it

Why are you here???......I find it encouraging to know I am not a total FREAK and that many people here understand, and were born in like me and we have had such a painful awakening and hope to make it a positive experience...............................oompa

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Outlaw...that was so funny!...

I like that one...

When I first came here it was to find things to help me disprove the JW teachings. I found so many links, referrals, and topics ..it was so helpful..

Now besides finding out any new things going on in the WT society..I just all around enjoy the topics of discussion.

Plus when Hubby was dying..this board was the most caring and supportive one I went to. Thank you all for helping me through it all.

Snoozy..

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It's kind of addicting. It's kind of like watching televison. It's easier than doing something meaningfull. Its a no brainer.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Of course I could ass kiss and say I come here to post on minimus threads

• bisous
    bisous

The minty freshness.

• oldflame
    oldflame
    Of course I could ass kiss and say I come here to post on minimus threads

OUCH !!!!! Pirates_89:10500

• Quentin
    Quentin

Heh..heh..heh..I'll smooch around on Minimus' buttocks..Can't get through the day unless I read, or see one of your topics...Bawhahahah!!!!

Seriously...for the reasons already given...it's a good place to interact with others that have waded through the same bullst...helps doubters....helps those who are not jw's, but are married to one...best of all it exposes the wtb&ts for what it is....on and on...endless list really....

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

I have a beloved sister who is JW, a Pioneer, and for many years her religion created a wall between us that I couldn't break through. We had almost no contact at all. She refused all contact with her "fleshly family" (a term I loath).

It took me many years of effort to establish a strong bond with her. Through this board I can stay on top of what my sister and her family are being taught, and where their current feelings on certain matters are. It gives me the advantage I need to avoid saying things that might trigger another long period of isolation.

Also, so many of you are really special people, who I've enjoyed getting to know through your postings. Some I now count as friends.

Personally, I think this board serves a good purpose on a lot of levels. Now if people would just try to get along ....

SusanHere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit