Frank Zappa - What were your Favorite songs or Albums from Him ?

by flipper 34 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Believe it or not - I was just introduced to Frank Zappa music by my wife - and another poster here JK 666, this last few months ! When I was a witness years ago my self righteous ex-wife ( a witness ) always tried to control my rock n' roll spirit within me - to no avail . It finally burst forth all over the place as years went by . Can't keep a good rocker down ! That being said , I never knew Zappa was so talented until listening to his music . Great guitarist ! Great lyrics , comical as all get out, and the band backing him was good too ! So here are a list of some of my favorite Zappa songs in order . And perhaps you all can enlighten me even more on other songs I need to hear to get a full appreciation of his talents !

1. Sexual Harassment In The Workplace

2. Dirty Love

3. Muffin Man

4. I'm the Slime

5. Joe's Garage ( single version )

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I remember it as Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention.

Sorry Mr. Flipper but in this case I was not a Zappa follower. Maybe next music thread, perhaps ask what our favourite one hit wonder is!

I have dozens. B.

• memario
    memario

oooohh JK666?

your que

mem

• flipper
    flipper

WORLD TRAVELLER - I too never heard much of Zappas stuff till just recently ! He was a really good guitarist ! Crazy lyrics !

MEMARIO - I agree. Has JK left the house ? CALLING JK, CALLING JK !!! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

WT -I was going to do a one hit wonder thread, that's my favorite part of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

Back to Zappa

I'm The Slime

I am gross and perverted
    Im obsessed n deranged
    I have existed for years
    But very little had changed
    I am the tool of the government
    And industry too
    For I am destined to rule
    And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
    But you cant look away
    I make you think Im delicious
    With the stuff that I say
    I am the best you can get
    Have you guessed me yet?
    I am the slime oozin out
    From your tv set

You will obey me while I lead you
    And eat the garbage that I feed you
    Until the day that we dont need you
    Dont got for help...no one will heed you
    Your mind is totally controlled
    It has been stuffed into my mold
    And you will do as you are told
    Until the rights to you are sold

Thats right, folks..
    Dont touch that dial

Well, I am the slime from your video
    Oozin along on your livinroom floor

I am the slime from your video
    Cant stop the slime, people, look at me go

• tula
    tula

Heard of Zappa. Never listened to him that I really know of. If it was on radio, maybe I did and did not know.

All I know is that I will be disappointed if JK666 doesn't really look like him.

• flipper
    flipper

AWAKE & WATCHING- I'm the Slime was a good song. Thanks for the lyrics. Zappa was certainly an original ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Franks was is the best. I love it all. And have it all or quit a big pile. He had something like 50 albums when he was alive. He's probably still putting it out. I'm listening to it now on a NPR link."Rollo" ,"Chunga Basement","Venusian Time Bandits

If I have to choose one I'll take Peaches Enregalia.

Jimi Carl Black came to St. Pete last winter and played a night of old mothers songs with Bogus Pomp at the State Theater.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4058871 Check out the NPR link.

Franks music moves me to tears. The mans musical genius and organizing and marketing the Mothers and his other touring bands, his work ethic.

• memario
    memario

tula - sorry to disappoint you but NO!

mem

• flipper
    flipper

TULA - I've seen pictures of JK- and he's better looking than Zappa , Wink ! Wink ! LOL!

JAGUAR BASS- Thanks so much for that website !Saved it to my favorites ! My wife and I listened to the tunes you sent . Awesome ! Almost a hyped up version of jazz mixed with electric guitar . Kind of Jimi Hendrixish if you will. Good stuff ! Thanks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit