WTBTS name recognition.... they ARENT such a big deal!!

by chickpea 10 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

it absolutely stunned me that a b0rganization that had been so central to our lives was literally unknown to the attorney who was assiting us with the updating of our will....

THREE times we had to repeat "watchtower bible and tract society" ... "track?" ..... no!! tract!!! ( neither my hub nor i could bear to say "jehovah's witnesses"... i suspect that would have sparked the dim bulb to "new light" for this chap)

i think sometimes those of us who have been so impacted, who have had our lives so overshadowed by this gang overlook how insignificant in the big picture they really are

here's to new perspectives!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When I saw my divorce lawyer I spent a lot of time (translated $$$$) educating her about the JWs.

While most people have heard of them, the JWs are really quite insignificant overall.

W

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ahhh.. Chickpea, you of little faith!

Don't you recognize that the WHOLE WORLD and its rulers have been put on notice by Jehovah and his Watchtower Society that they are opposed to him, and must "kiss the son lest God be angry and they perish in the way"?

Yes, the world must bow to Jehovah and acknowledge the truths from the Watchtower Society, or else Jehoober's gonna get 'em!!

• maxwell
    maxwell

I agree. I have been out since 2002. I have always lived in apartment buildings so of course that affects their access to me. But in all that time I have only been approached by a JW once. A guy tried to hand me a tract on the street. I've never had a telephone call, or either they called from blocked numbers which I ignored when I had a land line. I've seen them at metro stations, but they never walk up. Maybe I have the look of an evil apostate. But if I had never been a JW, I probably wouldn't recognize them. There's always people trying to hand you junk paper, and I usually just walk right by them and maybe throw them a "no, thank you". There is no reason I would distinguish them from any other person trying to hand me a piece of litter. Just one of many minor annoyances. Maybe I would have seen the sign on the Kingdom Hall, but where does anyone see WBTS?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

i think sometimes those of us who have been so impacted, who have had our lives so overshadowed by this gang overlook how insignificant in the big picture they really are

Exactly.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings chickpea,

A follow up to that phantom printing co who claims it's put the world on notice is.... A while back a friend of mine was walking on the Brooklyn Bridge. He happened to ask a couple of bystander/tourists in passing if they knew what those watchtower bldgs were. Their answer: Nope. Imagine that, the center of true worship, right in front of joe tourist's eyes, yet hasn't a clue. WTBS

So much for their falsetto cry of doom and gloom. The only 'legends' they are is in their own minds.

Dismembered

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

That's why I told my elder dad when he confronted his elder son because I was quitting, "Assuming, dad, now -- today -- is Armageddon, tomorrow Jehovah? It won't happen, dad."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi7xVu6Ht6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1sT7jY6MQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdphTbY0uTA&feature=related

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It's kind of like Shaklee or Amway or the fuller brushmen. Although their sales reps earn more.

And are allowed to go to college.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Maybe 'Hoba needs to give those seven trumpets another toot.

• Exterminator
    Exterminator
    While most people have heard of them, the JWs are really quite insignificant overall.

For your info, there exist people outside the US/Canada. Most of them haven't heard of JWs at all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit