Program jws have to locate each other in emergency

by Velvetann 18 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I think it had more to do with the hurricanes. This "arrangement" sprung from the panic of Katrina, if I'm not mistaken.

You know, they only help their own... to hell with the rest of the worldlies.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Hurricanes/ Katrina, well that would make sense but we don't have those up here in Canada. Well I think you all answered my question and thanks. I realize it was just HYPE.

Yes you are right, JW's only help there own, why help anyone else they are all going to be destroyed soon anyway.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I think the contact program is a direct result of Katrina. Of course, people put their spin on it (aka the "tribulation") .

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

I think I know what you're talking about- After missing over a month's worth of meetings, we finally went to one, the Sunday before the CO's visit. The cong secretary rushed up to me and handed me a couple of sheets stapled together and said it was info on how to contact us in case of an emergency. It was obvious to me that it was something they needed on file so their records would look good for the CO the following Tuesday, which is exactly why he told me that it would be good if I could get it filled out and back to him by then. It's still in my briefcase, not a drop of my ink on it. There probably never will be, either...

• tula
    tula

This will not be neded soon.

When the gov. decides to mark people with RFID chips, no one will get lost.

When the powers market it, people will really go for the idea. Actually, many already have and have been chipping their pets for several years now.

Missing people can be tracked; the dead can be identified.

Great sales plan. Plus...you won't be able to buy or sell without it.

• oompa
    oompa

This is mainly for the anointed....each one has an EPIRB shoved up their @ss for quick location!!!!...........oompa

(EPIRB is a gps location beacon used mainly by sailors in distress)

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

That's right, get phone numbers and addresses all into a nice and neat file so when the government grabs the bsc they will know where everyone else is at.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

From what I heard, the problem was that after Hurricane Katrina drove thousands from their homes in New Orleans, some JW's relocated and were never heard from again, apparently taking advantage of the situation to do a quick fade. Hence the drive to get cell phone numbers, contacts of relatives etc. so that nobody can easily escape Watchtower control in an emergency.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel
    From what I heard, the problem was that after Hurricane Katrina drove thousands from their homes in New Orleans, some JW's relocated and were never heard from again, apparently taking advantage of the situation to do a quick fade. Hence the drive to get cell phone numbers, contacts of relatives etc. so that nobody can easily escape Watchtower control in an emergency.

Oooh, that's 1984 scary/creepy if that is true!!! Welcome to the Board, Velvetann!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit