What is your opinion?

by lavendar 25 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

Do you think a Witness is more apt to leave the WTS because:

1) ....of indisputable proof of the WTS's falsehoods.

OR

2) .....something that personally happened to them that caused a disenchantment w/ the Organization.

Thanks for you input!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I'll take what's behind door # 2.

NMG

• seek2find
    seek2find

It takes #2 to happen first before they will even look at #1. Even then it takes years sometime. seek2find

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Interesting question.

Do you think a Witness is more apt to leave the WTS because:

1) ....of indisputable proof of the WTS's falsehoods.

OR

2) .....something that personally happened to them that caused a disenchantment w/ the Organization.

Thanks for you input!

I have found that those who do not undertake to properly research their way out of the WTS, but exit because of personality issues take much longer to clean the effects of this high control religion from their thinking.

My own expereince, is that while I met some JW's who were very nasty people over the years and I also met many decent ones, I have no issue with any individual JW, even those who wished and wish me harm. My issue is with the system and its inherent need to lie to maintain its hold over its adherents.

HS

• Gopher
    Gopher

There's a third option -- those who leave because it doesn't seem right any more. They may not have had a specific incident happen to them, and they may not require 'indisputable' proof in order to have a sense that it just doesn't add up.

For me, I was deliberately hurt and put out (option #2), and then I did my research and within weeks was convinced that nearly everything I'd been told in the past 4 decades was misleading.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I left the cult after research proved it was a load of crap. Being unhappy as a JW is what motivated me to do the research.

W

• golf2
    golf2

Door # 2. When you personally experience the 'unchristian' practices, it's time to leave.

Golf

• Quentin
    Quentin

2...then 1...

• Arrogant 1
    Arrogant 1

4) it doesnt go, its unnatural to walkaround everywhere with a smile pretend everything is temporary, and just be dissasociated towards everything, wat insanity!A true bubble of blindness dude Introspecion works best!?-/still wishing i had more bud*

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

My personal experience (and the experience of others I personally know) points to #1.

I think most dubs know better than to blame Jehovah for their fallible brothers.

However, a bad personal experience could make it easier to start asking questions. It breaks the spell for a bit.

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit