Abstain from Blood...

by hotchocolate 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Trevanian,

Don't forget to shave your head and take a vow for good measure because James in Jerusalem demanded it. Why is this not done. After all it was ordered by the same man that wrote that awful letter in Acts 15.

Acts 21:23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed oncerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. 25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

Why did this letter apply only to Gentiles and not to Jews? Watchtower Jews at least should be keeping the Law as demanded by James if he was right. JW's should be walking around with their shaved heads if they really believed that this governing body that included James as spokesman made up regulations that applied to everyone. Yet they kill people intentionally just to show how powerful they are in influencing you with their lying interpretations. They are flexing their muscles and showing the power they have over their followers lives. This is disgusting to the extreme and one reason I cannot respect them. They are murders. Quit touching the unclean thing is the way I see it.

Joseph

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

How could the council at Jerusalem be concerned with blood transfusions when they weren't even in existence? It was a dietary law and has nothing to do with medical treatment.

• Mary
    Mary

Welcome Hot Chocolate! Your comments were spot on.

TD said: The phrase "Abstain from blood" is not grammatically complete. You cannot invoke a partial predicate apart from the context that completes it as an independent construction.

For example, what would it mean if someone were to come up to you and out of the blue, say, "Abstain from car" ? You can abstain from driving a car or riding in a car, or washing a car, but the idea of an abstinance from the car itself is meaningless. This is because technically we don't actually abstain from physical objects, we abstain from finite acts done in connection with these objects. Therefore a finite verb is needed to complete the thought. When the verb is not present, the reader picks it up from the context. --If someone were to say, "Abstain from liquor" you would automatically know that they were talking about drinking it.

Another great point that I'm going to add to my collection. The ironic thing about the WT's unreasonable view of blood is that on one hand, they've got a brochure called "Blood---Why So Valuable?" or something like that, yet at the same time, one of their core teachings is that a Witness must chose death over a blood transfusion, to 'show the sanctity of life'.

By encouraging and enforcing the denial of medical treatment, even if it means certain death, the WTS (in my opinion), should be charged with something like Involuntary Manslaughter when a Witness dies from refusing a blood transfusion.

I spoke to my Dub sister about the blood transfusion doctrine after our dad nearly died last Fall. She actually said something to the effect of 'isn't the actual life more important than the blood that is represented by it?" I said "Bingo! What's more important to you: your marriage, or the ring you wear that symbolizes your marriage?"

One of my bosses is an Orthodox Jew and his brother in law is a Rabbi, so I'm in an excellent position to get the Jewish perspective on these scriptures, the meanings of the original words and how it's viewed today. In a nutshell, even the most Ultra-Orthodox Jew does not view these scriptures as having anything to do with blood transfusions in order to save human life. In fact, unlike the Witnesses, the Jews believe that when faced with a life-threatening situation, it is their duty to do whatever is necessary to preserve life. My boss' mother is a survivior of the Holocaust and the Jews were told at that time to eat pork, shellfish or anything else they could, in order to preserve their life----that's how much they value life.

The WTS's view makes no sense whatsoever. How is it 'showing respect' for life if you let someone die needlessly? How is that any different than the scripture of the pagans sacrificing their children to Molech? There is no difference, except the deaths are now being played out for everyone to see.

Hot Chocolate, one of our other posters (Lady Liberty) started a really good thread a while ago about the blood issue that I think you'll find useful. Here is the link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/136144/1.ashx

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I also had an argument with my Mom on the issue. I posted our emails, it kind of shows the stock response JW's will give on the issue. It can be found here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/140069/1.ashx

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik
    How could the council at Jerusalem be concerned with blood transfusions when they weren't even in existence? It was a dietary law and has nothing to do with medical treatment.

Kenneson,

How blood was to be handled was a requirement that was included in the Law Covenant. That is the point James was making. And this is what James was forcing on Gentile believers. He was still keeping the Law and wanted them to keep parts of it as well. It is the Watchtower that made the assumption that this letter applied to blood transfusions. But transfusions or not makes no difference since they were teaching a false doctrine and the letter itself was not binding upon the Faith. It is not always easy to spot a false doctrine and this one got away from Paul. He knew it was false when they threw it in his face some 14 years later for not supporting it and not keeping the Law himself. Then they formed a group to kill Paul because of it and the Roman armies saved his life. Paul finally put a stop to such thinking. He fought them in every congregation in his territories an the book of Hebrews settled the mater biblically as well. So there is no need to argue about whole blood, blood fractions, or proper use since the Law was no longer in force. And Paul demonstrated that this letter was not as well. The sacrifice for your sins was poured out. It is now past and our salvation is no longer dependent on how we use blood to maintain life. Joseph
  • skyking
    skyking

Welcome I too stumble out of the darkness into the light the Witnesses are wrong on blood. This was just the start of a journey of great pain. Blood is just part of the lies told by the BORG (Witnesses)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit