Who will picket the Kingdom Hall with me?

by Maddie 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maddie
    Maddie

I'm sorely tempted to picket the 2008 Memorial. I will go in disguise and carry a placard with the words :-

"THE GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ARE FALSE PROPHETS

THEY ARE WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING

JESUS INVITED ALL TO BE IN HIS COVENANT

Who wants to join me? What would you like to put on a placard?

Maddie

• tula
    tula

Maddie, whether or not it changes anyone else's opinion of the cult, standing up for what you believe is ALWAYS the right thing to do.....no matter how you choose to do it.

• dawg
    dawg

I'll go, and won't wear a disguise!

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

You certainly have the right to picket, but I doubt you will accomplish much by doing it. What you propose to say on your picket sign is already pretty well known in most areas. But, hey, if that's what you want to do and you get some inner satisfaction from doing it, then by all means go for it! Personally, I wouldn't waste my valuable time and resources on such a thing...

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I may go and partake. Yum Yum.

momz

• DT
    DT

I might give it a try this year.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I'd put some variation of the following:

If they stop at your door, ask them why they actively expose pedophilia problems in other religions but have paid eleven million dollars to victims in their own organization. Ask them why their leaders required the vicitms to sign waivers forbidding them from talking about the abuse they encountered. Ask them whether they are allowed to read literature that is critical of their organization. Ask them what happens to a person that DOES read such literature and is discovered to be reading such by the elders.

Ask them what their viewpoint is on sending their kids to college. Ask them whether they are at your door to try and convert you. When they tell you no, ask them if it is OK for them to lie about wanting to convert you or not. As one who was a part of the organization for many, many years, I can assure you that that is why they are there. They want to offer you a bible study so they can teach you about their cruel, vicious God, get you frightened about Armageddon, and convince you that your only hope is to join with them to avoid being destroyed by God and his chief angel, Jesus Christ. Yes, that's right, I said that they consider Jesus Christ to merely be the most powerful angel.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

If I would picket, I think my sign would read something like this:

Did you ever invite your friends to a meal and no one partook? (This for congregations that have no professed anointed).

Did you ever invite your friends to a meal and only one partook? Or 2? Or three? (This for congregations that have professed anointed).

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I wouldn't protest anything because it only serves to reinforce the "apostates are crazy!" mentality the witnesses have. At least have a sign that has questions on it rather than words that simple attack them. I'd start with the scripture in Deuteronomy that says, roughly, if a man tells you something is going to happen at a certain time and it does not happen, then he is a false prophet. Then, next to it, have a sign with a quote from the Watchtower about 1975.

Something shorter may be in order, though. That way, anyone that might read it can do so quickly, without rousing the suspicion of others by looking at you for too long.

• moshe
    moshe

Along with that idea- I would love to buy one of those 15-20 year old boomboxes/ghetto blasters I see on ebay and put in a 30-60 second loop of Br Sinutko's talk where he said "stay alive until 1975" you could put some real good sound bites into 30-60 seconds from that talk- about the time it takes them to run from their car to the KH- turn it off after the meeting starts- but with a good sign that would make an impression- they can refuse to read a sign, but they can't really block out the sound. Good luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit