The Satellite That is About to Crash on Us

by lonelysheep 16 Replies latest social current

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Skylab was 20 to 40 times bigger (this device seems only 2-4 tons); while purty (as most of it burned up coming down), and some Australians got some souvenirs, the uncontrolled return to Earth of that space station hasn't left much impact.

To me, the real scandal is the cost of this spy satellite that became inoperative right after launch (in late 2006). And the intended replacement product that was cancelled after a $4B investment.

Still, gotta wonder about the potential liability claims...

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I just love NASA and our government sometimes!

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I had to google this to get the ingredients. I wonder if they'll make up a drink for the current falling satellite.

Skylab Fallout Ingredients

1/2 oz Absolut® vodka
    1/2 oz Bacardi® 151 Rum
    1/2 oz Gold tequila
    1/2 oz gin
    1/2 oz Everclear® alcohol
    1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
    1/2 oz Apple -juice.html'>PineApple juice

Skylab Fallout Direction

Put plenty of ice in glass pour rum and everclear first refill with ice - put your tequila, gin, vodka and your blue curacao in. Put your pinapple juice in and shake serve with a lemon slice and cherry.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Rising Eagle,

I'm confident that drink will put me out! Bye bye, anxiety!

• horrible life
    horrible life

That would cost too much for me to drink!!! I'll settle for a cheap wine cooler.

Now, if they say, that it will strike somewhere within a 100 mile radius of my home, I might splurge, drink quite a few of them, and sit and wait.

• myelaine
    myelaine

good morning! I just wanted to clarify...I have always interpreted the verse in rev. 18:19 as a spiritual desolation (as in dissolving of an evil entity) I wouldn't want anything to literally fall on anyone. besides those presses may come in handy during the great time of teaching coming up.

love michelle

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/space/02/20/satellite.shootdown/index.html

It'd be nice to know where this thing will crash since there is only a ten second window to attempt to destroy it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit