Did the WT Discourage Platonic Friendships Between Men & Women ?

by flipper 31 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, of course they did.

That said, I think platonic friendships work better when there is no chemistry or attraction between a man and woman. If there is chemistry, it makes it a lot harder to keep it on a friendship level. And of course, one can be attracted to the other, in a one sided deal and make it difficult, too, as in the song Careless Whisper.

• flipper
    flipper

DINAH- It is crazy how the GB and the elders don't trust the rank and file witnesses when it comes to the opposite sex ! They think that everyone is going to go hide behind a tree or bush and do it or something ! Weird stuff . As you said those in authority are just projecting onto others what they would do in that same given situation ! It is one reason I think they are pervs themselves - the GB running the show and some elders.

It is good you had one parent - your dad - who didn't try to control you into the witness mold . Let you be yourself - that's great ! I've always felt parents love should be unconditional - not on terms and conditions if the child is a witness or not ! My parents love is unconditional that way towards me as well , and it's how I roll with towards my adult children . Peace.

FLYING HIGH NOW- I agree with you. I think platonic relationships do work better if there is no physical chemistry brewing there . It does make it harder to be objective about a person if just the attractiveness physically is looked at . And if it's one sided from one person to another - harder even that much more ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit