Atheists should not be considered as citizens, nor patriots.

by digderidoo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I find it unlikely that Bush the Elder would have said that to a known atheist activist, I mean why shoot yourself in the dick?

This is GW we're talking about, here.

However, I'm no huge fan of the man, and he did drop a few lulu's.

Exactly.

All i'm saying is that the quote is tossed out without the proper attribution as disputed, and you guys get yer panties in a twist.

Now who's a bunch of arrogant jerks?

I hadn't read hostility.

Responding to it makes us arrogant jerks? Or the fact that we're athiest as well?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    "This country sucks balls sometimes."

Mastodon, I find this remark extremely offensive. Some of my best friends are ball-sucking atheists.

Anyone (female) who's willing to suck balls is my friend. Atheist or not!

• Caedes
    Caedes
    I assume you're just kidding. Belief (or lack thereof) has no correlation with intelligence (or lack thereof).

DMJ

You might wish to have a look at this, there is a correlation between intelligence and atheism.

http://kspark.kaist.ac.kr/Jesus/Intelligence%20&%20religion.htm

Whilst we are at it, perhaps I ought to make clear that a statistical probability that the more intelligent you are the less likely you are to believe in god is not the same as saying that theists are stupid or that atheists are intelligent. It also means that there is no point in naming famous brilliant theists (although you might wish to re-consider including Einstein in your list for what should be obvious reasons) since it has no bearing on the point that there is a statistical relationship between intelligence and atheism.

In fact the statistics tell you very clearly that there are a number of very brilliant scientists who are theists, it's just that they are a small minority.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

yawn.

And I thought there might be a firefight.

I guess we're all tuckered out.

RD

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Your link doesn't work Caedes.

I guess you are a statistical anomaly.

Burn

• 5go
    5go

Yea, 5GO, us folks down here in Georgia whenever we're not screwing our cousins, we're hanging colorerds..... you ass! LOL! Its seems bizarre to read someone talking about the South, and using "hasty generalization" fallicies to prove their points... LOL.... talk about an uneducated take on things.... where you from 5GO that makes you think we're all still so damned backwards here in Georgia? LOL...

THe funny part of all this is its mostly Yankees are in Georgia now, they are the ones that supported Bush and are fundamentalists.

I'm from Georgia 5GO, and I'm an Diest, sorry to dissapoint you... Flipper will love this line... you've got a pretty mouth 5go.....LOL! LOL!

Not to mention, the state of Georgia was never, and I freaking mean never a penal colony. There was a penal colony in this state, but it (the state of Georgia) is way too big to say the state itself was a penal colony... what's worse, Savannah is the oldest city in Georgia.... it was started as a penal colony, but most Georgians have their ancestrial roots in Virginia or elsewhere-not Savannah.... Penal colony my ass... but thanks for the laugh 5GO, proves once again that where ever you are, the other place is backwards...LOL!

LIke we're all desendents of criminals just becasue Savannah a 400 year old city was started as a penal colony... like we all had sexual relations with those people 400 years ago so all Georgians have criminal DNA. Please!

The British used North America as a penal colony both in the usual sense and through the system of indentured servitude. Most notably, the Province of Georgia was originally designed as a penal colony. Convicts would be transported by private sector merchants and auctioned off to plantation owners upon arrival in the colonies. It is estimated that some 60,000 British convicts were sent to colonial America, representing perhaps one-quarter of all British emigrants during the eighteenth century.

The Province of Georgia (also Georgia Colony) was one of the Southern colonies in British North America. It was the last of the Thirteen original colonies established by Great Britain in what later became the United States. In the original grant, a narrow strip of the province extended to the Pacific Ocean.
    Dawg, I am from Texas/Oklahoma I am southern too. The fact is the south is where the for the most part is were stupid people live in the US. You and me might be exception but it is continually he site of most of the racial and educational problems. Just look at the ranking of graduation in the US and see which states are at the bottom. http://www.giveupblog.com/maps/map4.jpg alt
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Ah yes, there is a link to prove every fool idea. Take wiki away from FiveGeeZero the copypasta boy, and it would be worse than chopping off his hands at the wrists, at least he could still type with his tongue.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Perhaps I am, but not in the way you are suggesting BTS.

Now I suppose I should go back to the other thread and explain to you exactly why you were owned, since the reason appears to have escaped you.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thanks for the link roller dave. If this quote cannot be confirmed does that therefore mean it is a lie? Has Bush denied saying this?

Also can we rely on the journalist Sherman? Is he respected? Just because he's an atheist RD it doesn't make him a liar.

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit