Atheists should not be considered as citizens, nor patriots.

by digderidoo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"This country sucks balls sometimes."

Mastodon, I find this remark extremely offensive. Some of my best friends are ball-sucking atheists.

• dawg
    dawg

Yea, 5GO, us folks down here in Georgia whenever we're not screwing our cousins, we're hanging colorerds..... you ass! LOL! Its seems bizarre to read someone talking about the South, and using "hasty generalization" fallicies to prove their points... LOL.... talk about an uneducated take on things.... where you from 5GO that makes you think we're all still so damned backwards here in Georgia? LOL...

THe funny part of all this is its mostly Yankees are in Georgia now, they are the ones that supported Bush and are fundamentalists.

I'm from Georgia 5GO, and I'm an Diest, sorry to dissapoint you... Flipper will love this line... you've got a pretty mouth 5go.....LOL! LOL!

Not to mention, the state of Georgia was never, and I freaking mean never a penal colony. There was a penal colony in this state, but it (the state of Georgia) is way too big to say the state itself was a penal colony... what's worse, Savannah is the oldest city in Georgia.... it was started as a penal colony, but most Georgians have their ancestrial roots in Virginia or elsewhere-not Savannah.... Penal colony my ass... but thanks for the laugh 5GO, proves once again that where ever you are, the other place is backwards...LOL!

LIke we're all desendents of criminals just becasue Savannah a 400 year old city was started as a penal colony... like we all had sexual relations with those people 400 years ago so all Georgians have criminal DNA. Please!

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

"It's natural for people to resent their intellectual superiors." I assume you're just kidding. Belief (or lack thereof) has no correlation with intelligence (or lack thereof). I have no problem with anybody's beliefs (or lack thereof) as long as they're not dogmatic about it. This is why I groan anytime somebody quotes Dawkins. The man is an arrogant bastard, plain and simple. So atheists are the only sensible people around, eh? I guess that makes Einstein, Newton, Pascal, et al frickin' idiots...

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The US. to some Americans is considered to really be god's country and I mean in a literal sense and in a patriotic sense.

Guided by god and his direction, so its no wonder comments like this come out of peoples mouths who are involved in politics.

Which brings to mind a television program which was a documentary on how a family of atheists were abused and mistreated by their local

community because of their atheism although they were upstanding citizens.

Maybe instead of 50 stars on their flag they should have put 50 crosses

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

George HW always struck me as a knee-jerk traditionalist, so I'm not surprised at the remarks.

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

Carl Sagan once asked a friend, "You're so smart... Why do you believe in God?" To which she replied, "You're so smart, why DON'T you believe in God?" I think we see the problem here. "Smart" ain't got nothin' to do with it. For every brilliant unbeliever there's an equally brilliant believer, and vice versa.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Wait a second, if atheists wont worship a god then that means they wont worship me..........curse those atheists .....curse them all to hell

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Is this the general US opinion? I cant believe he would make that statement unless a significant number of the population felt the same.

Yes, it is the general US opinion. Look at how many xtians voted for him in his last election. Then you'll have to look at the number of 'red' states vs 'blue'. It's overwhelming. There are smigens of the country who were able to think and vote logically rather than voting for him based on his own god beliefs.

The "United States" are separate lands that aren't all that united.

Sam Harris didn't title his book, "Letter to a Christian Nation" for nothing.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Here you all are getting worked up over what is a 'disputed quote' at wikiquote.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush

The only verification comes from an atheist activist.

I find it unlikely that Bush the Elder would have said that to a known atheist activist, I mean why shoot yourself in the dick?

However, I'm no huge fan of the man, and he did drop a few lulu's.

All i'm saying is that the quote is tossed out without the proper attribution as disputed, and you guys get yer panties in a twist.

Now who's a bunch of arrogant jerks?

RD

• dawg
    dawg

I think its arrogant to take a whole state and imply that we're descendents of criminals... but honestly it made me laugh....it was such an ignorant thing to say I thought it was funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit