Now That We're Outta The "Organization" Can We Be Who We Really Are?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy
    Minimus said: Fear is what keeps people in perpetual bondage. Always being afraid to offend somebody. Scared that you could piss someone off. Worrying that others might not like you and will be talking about you. If we still feel this way, we're still in the Organization's mindset. We'll never really grow. If we were elders and think that we still are, we've not grown. If we were the types of publishers that believed anything and everything told us, we have not grown. If we get emotional about everyone that says a negative thing about us, we have not grown.

Excellent post, couldn't have said it any better, and particularly the part I highlighted fits me. I don't know what's wrong with me lately, but I feel like I want to explode. I'm sooo full of hate. Blinding, white-hot, hate. Hate for the world, hate for other people, my co workers, my job. Everything. And it makes no sense And rage sometimes also. It hadn't been that way for a while, so maybe I'm trying to work through something mentally and can't get it done. I feel trapped...always. Never in control, and I despise this feeling. It feels like some bully always has me trapped. And the feeling never goes away. Ugh... So no, most times I try not to be who I am. Because right now, who I am is black and dark and spitefull and I try to supress it so that it doesn't affect others any more than possible. I'm sad to say that I am not entirely successful at that suppression.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Sorry mini... looks like I killed your thread.

• minimus
    minimus

Bad Little Drummer Boy.

• myelaine
    myelaine

...bad minimus...I recall you giving me a hard time a couple of years ago when I was struggling to become who I really am instead of the doormat that I had become.

but...getting past that strengthened me...so there

love michelle

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

LOL at mini and Michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit