Tell me about the weirdos in your congro.

by karter 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

We had a guy who used to bang on about natural remedies.

At the doors and meetings he would tell everyone what was wrong with them and what to take to remedy it he even told the brothers of for sell coke at the assemblies.

However there was know remedy for his mental health apart from that he was a fat little porker who looked like you could grow spuds on his teeth and washing wasnt big on his agenda last i heard he joined scientology.

We had 4 sisters in the congro pregnant one nut case confessed to the elders he was father to all of them.

One sister used to attack the po's wife in the kh then stand up through the meeting and abuse at the speaker after that they would call the sike team it wasnt uncommon for her to go door to door at midnight.

Last i heard she became a counsellor.

• DJK
    DJK

There were no weirdo's in my KH. Shucks, that may have made it more interesting.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Oh so much to tell, so little time:

- My favorite was someone who had a mental problem, so it was no laughing matter, but sometimes he wouldn't take his medicine and he would raise his hand to comment on GO OFF, loud and with very emphasized every punctuation point in a sentence. One time he was asked to read the last paragraph of the material for the "book study" and he literally acted like he was on stage reading Shakespeare, there was not a dry eye in the house.

- The sister that wore literally two and three outfits from the thrift store at once. As a side note not all, but a good portion of JW females are some of the worst dressers you ever want to see. Now, don't get me wrong, some can dress nice, but others (and I have seen far too many) that put things together that would make a bag lady shake her head.

- The " anointed " brother who literally reminded me of someone from Star Trek. He had this gigantic head and the way the KH acted when he walked in a room, just used to boggle my mind. I swear I saw a "brother" kiss his ring. He spoke like he was Spock. To me he was one giant running joke.

- The "brother" that would get DFs every year, then get reinstated and get DFs again. I mean it went on for a good ten years, he was also a running joke.

- All the oversexed lick their lip brothers who personally asked to work with me in FS when I was an adolescence. I used to hate it. There is nothing like being a 12 or 13 year old female in the congregation, there were so many perverts, I remember. One day, my father caught a so called spiritual brother (elder ) looking at me and licking his lips, he told that man and told me never to walk with him again in FS.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Well I guess that probably would have been me

• tula
    tula

We had a guy who used to bang on about natural remedies.

Those folks are in every cong!!!!

First it was Shaklee

then Herbalife,

then Aloe,

then Melaleuca

I wondered if all JWs were in Amway, too.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yeah, the weirdo would probably would be me. We also had the lick-lipping elders - we had a couple of them who were way too interested in teenage girls. We also had a large red-headed woman about ten years older than I, desperate for sex, I guess. Anyway, she was believed to be retarded. I don't really think she was. But she married the most disgusting old man, most of us would have died rather than let him touch us. She shared really inappropriate information about her sex life with us and had several kids for whom I felt a great deal of pity. She's also the reason I don't like Pine-sol, we had to go visit her once, her front yard was completely full of dog shit and she was mopping her house with Pine-sol. The combination of smells was unbearable - I've never forgotten it.

• breakingfree
    breakingfree

We had an 'annointed' sister who was clearly quite a nutcase (though a very nice woman) and her husband was a pedophile and i also heard he molested a sheep. Clearly a godly family.

We had another sister who would never stop talking, you know, the type that talk so fast they begin to spit at you? She would step in closer towards you, and you would take a step back, she would take another step forward, and you would end up dancing around the hall until someone else came and 'saved' you from the conversation.

Then there were the odd 'studying' dero families whose kids would run riot round the hall, funny as hell! They would usually get sick of trying to control their kids after a few Sunday meetings and stop studying.

Oh and we had one family who hated one of the Elders and the whole family stood up and yelled at him when he was giving a talk and had to be removed from the hall.

We also had an elder who no-one wanted to work with in FS cause he would often chat to people about completely irrelevant things before telling them why they were there and the people would be wondering why he was at their house. He would generally put his foot in it and bluntly tell people they were wrong. Actually he literally put his foot in it... I heard he put his foot in the door to stop someone closing it on a couple of occasions

• breakingfree
    breakingfree

Oh yeah the other comments made me think... there was a couple of MS in our cong who were obsessed with what I wore and always complaining to my parents (and later to my husband) that I might be stumbling younger brothers, but they commented on what I wore in such detail, and they were so nice to my face, I think it was them who had the problem. Ew.

And yes there was amway and vitamin supplements peddlers in our cong too! In fact, i think there is a vitamin co. run by witnesses in Oz, but that may just be a rumor.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

We had a guy that looked like a very overweight Hitler. He stared at me non-stop. It seems he always picked a sister that had large breasts so it was funny to the others. The sister he oggled before me had just moved when I started my study. He had written her notes admiring her breasts.

When we stopped for our break on Saturdays at an Amish restaurant he would eat applebutter out of the container that sat on the table. It was so embarrassing. I would always give the container to the waitress when we left so no on e would eat after him.

When I started attending meetings to get reinstated I was sitting in the back of the hall. He got up in the middle of the meeting, walked by me and threw a songbook in the seat beside me. I opened it and saw where I had written my name in it over 10 years before.

Creeped me the hell out, even more than when I first started attending the hall.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

When I started attending meetings to get reinstated I was sitting in the back of the hall. He got up in the middle of the meeting, walked by me and threw a songbook in the seat beside me. I opened it and saw where I had written my name in it over 10 years before.

Ewwww. I hope the pages weren't stuck together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit