Tell me about the weirdos in your congro.

by karter 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Quentin...

"There was a couple that were, what was called back then "deaf & dumb", unable to hear, or speak"...

hehehe...and there was no relief in sight for the wife either...

love michelle

• Quentin
    Quentin
    hehehe...and there was no relief in sight for the wife either...

That could very well have been the case.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

HA! I just remembered another one. This brother of immense physical strength and weakness of mind used to wait for the young sisters to emerge from the baptismal water and ask each as they came out, "How was the water? Hey you want to get married?"

• west123
    west123

boy do I have a story for you guys... hehe..when my now fiance and myself started dating about two years ago there was an older woman in our congregation who seemed to take particular interest in my boyfriend. Mind you, she was early 50's and he is in his early 20's. We tried to keep our relationship 'under wraps' because as I'm sure you all know, once its made known that you have a significant other your every move is scrutinized under a microscope. Needless to say, that lasted about two weeks before said older woman somehow found out about us. My boyfriend was at my house and we were watching a movie CHAPERONED with my mother and father in the livingroom with us. My boyfriend gets a phone call from said woman, drunk as anything, cursing and screaming at him that she loves him and he should be with her and not some tramp like me. He hangs up and she proceeds to call back ten bazillion times. He finally picks up the phone and she tells him to go outside my house. We peeked out the curtians and there she was in her car!!!! Ok so, by now I'm freaked out. He tells her to stay the hell away from us and she speeds off. She later gets arrested for drunk driving and hit with about seven different offenses. Come to find out, this was all MY fault because my boyfriend and I should have let everyone know we were dating so as to have more supervision so something like this didnt happen....

• yumbby
    yumbby

Unfortunately my mom was the biggest weirdo in the congregation. She was very intimidating and could roll over anyone with her knowledge of the bible. After she was disfellowshipped for apostasy because she started partaking, things got really weird. She made all of us attend every meeting and sit in the front row, where she would hiss or loudly disagree with everything the elders she didn't like would see. She wouldn't allow us to bow our heads to the prayer or sing any of the songs.

Once when were asked to leave due to her disruptiveness, she spit on one of the head elders. They said they'd call the cops on us if we came back. Weird story. anyway, her disfellowshipping was recinded but things didn't get better. We ended up leaving and I am infamous in this area for all her crazy antics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit