Armageddon is almost here.

by PEC 41 Replies latest jw friends

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I second what Hortensia said, Roller Dave, that was CLASSIC. Especially the butter and jelly in yer pockets part, cuz you're TOAST. LMAO! Thank you, RD.

This:

Live your life in peace and quiet, love your mother, kiss a baby, and treat your pets as though they were human.

reminds me of one of my favorite song lyrics ever:

well, maybe you should just drink a lot less coffee
    and never ever watch the ten o'clock news
    maybe you should kiss someone nice
    or lick a rock, or both
    - The Ghost of Corporate Future by Regina Spektor
  • Ancient One
    Ancient One

Tornado warning issued for southwest L.A.

Not particularly funny, probably not a sign of the big A, but definitely sign of how much we screwed this planed over with global warming.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It escapes me why anyone would ask OBVES for mathmatical figures. Why would anyone care? I see a number+religion and run the other way!

• tula
    tula

Obves said:

On August 11,1999 AD immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun turned dark as it was total solar eclipse and on January ,21 ,2000 there was a lunar eclipse .

Obves, there have been other eclipses since then.

The meaning I am getting from the sun turning dark would be from the explosion of a supervolcano. Which, by the way, would cool the earth and bring it back from tipping into global warming destruction.

revelation 6:12

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Clearly, this scripture calls for an earthquake and not a simple eclipse. The red of the moon is from iron ore oxide dust in the atmosphere, which could very well come from volcano ashes shot high into the atmosphere.

I think there are scriptures in Joel that corelate to this event.

Nonetheless, I do not think that is a precursor to tribulation. I see it as an announcement of Armageddon, which comes after the tribulation period.

Now, about the tribulation period.....you have calculated 15 years....which...(am I correct?)...began in 1984? This is just so Orwellian.

1999 AD + 12 years = 2011 AD

1984 AD - 1991 AD - 1992 AD - 1999 AD - The Great Tribulation of 15 years .

How come 15 years ? It is God's Name YAH that has numerical value as I had explained.

OK so according to this, the great tribulation is over? Is this correct?

So in your estimation, Armageddon already started in 2000? I thought according to wts the big A would be swift and over in a flash.

So, are you saying Armageddon will drag out until 2011?

Why a year earlier than the Mayan calendar?

How come 15 years ? It is God's Name YAH that has numerical value as I had explained.

But you have used God's "nickname"; the short version. If you spelled the WHOLE name like YAH WAY (would hebrew spelling and various translations affect the numerological value of the name?) Anyway, might you not get another conclusion to the number of years????

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I have become somewhat attached to Obves - I don't believe any of his stuff, but he is nice about it and responds to people who speak to him, more like a regular person with a bee in his bonnet, rather than a nutcase who can't hear anything. So, I used to avoid his posts, but now I look them over.

• flipper
    flipper

Wake me up when it's over

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

FOR OBVES:

Scriptures say ...

Tula, it is cruel to taunt the tiger. Remember what happened in the zoo.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Woo Hoo!!! I'll bring the chips. Who's bringing the soda? Veggie platter or shrimp or both?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Tornadoes suck. Armageddon blows. Therefore, tornadoes have no direct correlation to Armageddon.

No, wait, maybe it's the other way around...

Anyway, take shelter, protect your head, and if you see a scarecrow, tinman, and talking lion, tell them 'hi' from everybody at JWD.

• PEC
    PEC

As usual, the storm died out before it got to San Diego.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit