WILL JW's MURDER as an organization during an "invisible" Armageddon?

by GoddessRachel 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

This was my post on another thread but it needed it's own thread so as not to topic/thread steal. Someone (voideater, I think...) made this comment on another thread, facetiously:

Armageddon has arrived! But...invisibly...

This was my reaction to it, and I'm curious what people think. DAMN! This is scary. Do you think that the JW's could actually start doing crazy stuff like killing nonJW's because they believe that Armageddon is here invisibly???? I mean, I think the group mentality can be a very powerful and dangerous thing, as history has shown us time and again. So what do you think? Could the future bring something like this, JW adherants killing people, acting on behalf of God or something? Rachel

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

In the past, JW's always seemed to think that the actual killing would be done by the invisible forces under Gods command, and forces of nature. I don't recall ever seeing any hint that any JW would assist in any way. Which is not to say that there could not be a "new light" on the subject.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Thanks gaiagirl, no, I agree with you that there is nothing written or taught by the WTS to this effect. I guess my question is more on a psychological level, do you think the JW's as an organization is capable of something like this? I mean, look at other doomsday cults. Was it really their intention to go bat-sh*t crazy and commit atrocious acts?

I guess it is usually mass suicide in the cases of other cults. But is it so farfetched to think the JW's could be capable of something this crazy?

I have no idea what I think... just speculating...

Thanks,

Rachel

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

hahaha! those with family members who are jws beware! they may poison you or kill you in your sleep. I should be quite safe here. there are so few jws in my country.

• tula
    tula

JWs may participate in this "murder" by being blinded by the agenda of the powers in play. Many "christians" will probably turn on the truly spiritual free thinkers and followers of the teachings of Christ. Many people will be caught up in the dogma of the day.

During the time of great tribulation, there will be a peaceful annihilation by ostracizing those who do not go along with the program.

In effect they will be "cut off" from participating in society.

There is a scripture in O.T. which forshadows this event:

(my paraphrase)

"How can you say peace and security when my people have no food to put in their mouths? You have sanctioned a war!"

Then, Armageddon.

It is my impression from the JWs I know that they are waiting to hear "peace and security" as a code word before anything happens.

However, the words "peace and security" will not come until the last hours of tribulation.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is a possibility, however remote, that the witlesses (or some other cult) will kill infidels during the supposed Armageddon. Christian cults, however, do not generally do this. Rather, they will cut themselves off from association with outsiders. Some will commit suicide, but murder among Christian cults is not likely.

What they might do is suppress freedom of speech among the world. They could use the court system to alter the language, fixing things so people cannot communicate. More practical, they could influence the world by suing people that do not go along with their rules. They could, for instance, threaten and sue people that set up Christmas decorations on the grounds of offending them on religious grounds. In today's "politically correct" non-freedom, this is the most probable course. They could well play that "politcal correctness" card to diminish freedoms of the world to evade the witlesses.

Now, I do think cults do have the capacity to take matters into their own hands. Usually those are Islam cults that will murder those that do not comply. We have seen many examples of that in the Middle East. Christian cults do not mass-murder, but they threaten that God is going to mass murder those who do not obey.

As to what individuals choose to do, that's another matter. Even in Christian cults, individual cult members might take it on themselves to threaten and/or kill those that are close to them unless they turn around. They might threaten to ruin family members' credit rating, or rack up a criminal record, unless the member joins and/or returns to the cult. It is not unheard of for individual witlesses to break into homes and sabotage things, put poison in their food, or steal credit card numbers. However, this is not likely to be the general cult-wide pattern.

• hubert
    hubert

There were threads on this subject here before, but I don't know which ones I've seen it on now.

Quite a few people mentioned that "some" j.w.'s would go out and kill worldly people.

They've heard j.w.'s actually come out with this comment. I also believe some may do it, if asked to in a round about way by the W.T.

Hubert

• blondie
    blondie

To date the WTS has applied a scripture in

Chronicles where jws would merely stand by and see

God fight and destroy their enemies as they watch. The only jws said to execute the wicked are the anointed that have already been resurrected to heaven as kings and priests and will fight alongside Jesus and the angels.

But on earth the WTS says that jws will merely be spectators.

• blondie
    blondie

w036/1p.21StandStillandSeetheSalvationofJehovah!***

How Will God’s Servants React?

What will servants of God be expected to do once they come under attack? Again, the reaction of God’s typical nation in the days of Jehoshaphat sets the pattern. Note that its citizens were commanded to do three things: (1) take their position, (2) stand still, and (3) see the salvation of Jehovah. How will God’s people today act in harmony with these words?—2 Chronicles 20:17.

Taketheirposition: Without wavering, God’s people will continue to hold to their position of active support for God’s Kingdom. They will continue to maintain their position of Christian neutrality. They will be "steadfast, unmovable" in their loyal service to Jehovah and will continue publicly to praise Jehovah for his loving-kindness. (1 Corinthians 15:58; Psalm 118:28, 29) No present or future pressure can shake them from this divinely approved position.

Standstill:Jehovah’s servants will not try to save themselves but will place their implicit trust in Jehovah. Only he is capable of rescuing his servants out of world chaos, and he has promised to do so. (Isaiah 43:10, 11; 54:15; Lamentations 3:26) Trusting in Jehovah will include trusting the modern visible channel that he has clearly been using for decades to serve his purposes. As never before, true Christians will then need to place their confidence in fellow worshipers authorized by Jehovah and his reigning King to take the lead. These faithful men will direct God’s people. Ignoring their direction could end in disaster.—Matthew 24:45-47; Hebrews 13:7, 17.
    *** w05 12/1 p. 6 Armageddon—A Happy Beginning ***What forces will Jehovah use against his enemies? We simply do not know. What we do know is that he has at his disposal the means to devastate the wicked nations completely. (Job 38:22, 23; Zephaniah 1:15-18) However, God’s earthly worshippers will not participate in the battle. The vision in Revelation chapter 19 indicates that only heavenly armies will share with Jesus Christ in the warfare. None of Jehovah’s Christian servants on earth will take part.—2 Chronicles 20:15, 17.

*** w03 6/1 pp. 15-16 pars. 15-16 "Do Not Be Afraid or Be Terrified" ***God will back his people just as surely as he supported his typical nation in King Jehoshaphat’s day. We read: "Pay attention, all Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat! Here is what Jehovah has said to you, ‘Do not you be afraid or be terrified because of this large crowd; for the battle is not yours, but God’s. . . . You will not need to fight in this instance. Take your position, stand still and see the salvation of Jehovah in your behalf. O Judah and Jerusalem, do not be afraid or be terrified. Tomorrow go out against them, and Jehovah will be with you.’"—2 Chronicles 20:15-17.

The people of Judah were assured that they would have no need to fight. Likewise, when God’s people are attacked by Gog of Magog, they will refrain from taking up arms in self-defense. Rather, they will "stand still and see the salvation of Jehovah" in their behalf. Of course, standing still does not indicate complete inactivity, even as God’s people in the days of Jehoshaphat were not totally inactive. We read: "At once Jehoshaphat bowed low with his face to the earth, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem themselves fell down before Jehovah to do obeisance to Jehovah. . . . Further, [Jehoshaphat] took counsel with the people and stationed singers to Jehovah and those offering praise in holy adornment as they went out ahead of the armed men, and saying: ‘Give praise to Jehovah, for to time indefinite is his loving-kindness.’" (2 Chronicles 20:18-21) Yes, even in the face of enemy attack, the people continued actively praising Jehovah. This sets the pattern for Jehovah’s Witnesses to follow when Gog launches his attack against them.

*** w82 10/1 p. 26 par. 4 Be as Men Who Are Facing Har–Magedon Unafraid ***The Hebrew name Har–Magedon means "mountain of assembly of troops." That imports war! The "troops" are those of "the kings of the entire inhabited earth," including the political rulers of Christendom. Jehovah’s dedicated, baptized witnesses are not among those troops. They will not need to fight with carnal weapons, but will only be onlookers of the fighting. Since Jehovah’s loyal witnesses will be the prime visible target of attack because of their steadfastly upholding Jehovah’s kingdom by Christ, it will call for Christlike courage on their part to "carry on as men."—1 Corinthians 16:13; compare 2 Chronicles 20:17.
  • Must obey!
    Must obey!

Many rank & file JW's are religious zealots but let's not demonise them like they do to apostates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit