I'm soo depressed!

by mind my own 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mind my own
    mind my own

Hey guys, just thought I would post.

I try not to let it get to me, but I'm soo sad right now b/c I can't believe my own family won't talk to me b/c I am not a witness!! I was always there for them, was the daughter, friend, sister etc. they needed me to be and now - nothing. I always thought being a JW is like being born into a 3rd world country...you can't get out. I seriously cannot believe you can let a religeon tell you that you cannot talk to your family b/c they are not the same faith as you. Don't they miss me??

Sorry guys, I'm just really down today. Words of advise please?

MMO

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

kill them and then hide the bodies in a mine shaft :)

Honestly? It's a grieving process to realise that your family feel that their imaginary friend is more important than their own flesh and blood. Only time will make it hurt a little less, you now need to fill your life with people who are not so judgemental and will love you for who you are not what you believe.

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

MMO,

I have been and am where you are currently. It's very hard to be the one no one will speak to anymore. The hardest part for me is not talking about God with my parents. They have completely cut me off, and they themselves are not even JW anymore. they left back in 1992 after 45 years in the org, but unfortunately, they still hold to many of the same beliefs; namely, the ones telling them that all churches are Babylon the great and I am in big trouble because I have chosen to attend a baptist church. I am now shunned by my parents and was told by one of my brothers that they have practically written me out of their will, or might as well have. Very sad, so I know where you are coming from.

For me, I get through it by knowing God is with me, I have a new found relationship with the true God of the bible, and this helps me very much to not be so lonely in the thought of not being in contact with my parents. My brothers keep me informed as to how they are doing, and I am glad they are willing to speak to me.

When I begin to feel the pain and the need of that familial love, I remember that my God is my true father, and I cling to that thought and know he is with me and I am not alone.

If you ever need to talk, I would be glad to speak with you in chat or email or whatever. I am a stay at home mom with lots of time on my hands to chat :) Feel free to leave me your email or your yahoo or whatever and we can chat. just leave me a message on here how to contact you, if you'd like.

Don't be sad, keep your chin up and know God loves you sooo very much, just turn to him okay?

Ashton

• avengers
    avengers

I used to really get depressed when I was a JW. Used to get bad migraines too.

Since I'm out I have had a lot of problems worse even than when I was in. I don't get depressed like I used to when I was in though.

I have this beautiful little kitten; in the morning she comes and wakes me until I come out.

When I see this kitten do this I can't get depressed.

People depress me; this whole system is depressing, but nature is the best way to get over it.

IMO nature is the best remedy for depression. Plants, animals; they seem to keep me from falling into depressions.

I have a big, big yard and working with nature seems to keep me from falling off the edge.

Life is ok now. When I left the WT my wife divorced me because I'm a danger to her spiritual health. That's actually the only thing I miss now; female company.

Someday maybe.

Andy

• llbh
    llbh

I think that this is totally, horrid the way the wts treats people who no longer agree with them. I planned my exit over time and built a few friends over time as i knew what can happen.

So please be patient and it is hard i know, but it does get easier .

Best Wishes David

• mind my own
    mind my own

Thanks guys, I do appreciate your comments.

I have a husband that loves me dearly but I just wonder how he can when my family doesn't even care??

I know my feelings will pass, I'm just having a weak moment. Just thought I would share.

Thanks everyone!

MMO

• penny2
    penny2
    I have a husband that loves me dearly but I just wonder how he can when my family doesn't even care??

Your family has been brainwashed by a mind controlling cult. Don't take their attitude as a barometer of whether you should be loved or not.

Your husband loves you...so you are lovable.

penny

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Your family do and will care, they believe this is the greatest act of unselfish love they can offer you. Doesn't make it right or not twisted as all get out, but its what they think.

It was my little sister's birthday yesterday. I haven't seen or heard from her since I was 23 and she was 19, nor my parents or other sister. It does get easier, but at times there will be moments where it overwhelms you. That's where you are lucky to have a husband to lean on.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The oddest thing is that the only path left you is to adjust to lonesome psychology because the 'hope someday' psychology drains all your energies.

Irony is it's tough to go alone and find the journey meaningfull which defeats the object of going!

JWs leadership know this and put it down to the arch enemy to completely render themselves blameless!!! That's why they brainwash you at the outset - to make you self-blame! It's why apostates are underclass - they wont self-blame anymore!!

So I hope you find a path for yourslf which holds enough ambition for you to pursue it and build life around it? It seems to me the only hope! But as we know - detaching a person from their roots is permanently disabling- which somehow some enjoy the idea of.

Finding strength to rise and take up your own life may be fine somedays, but keeping it going is less so!

I'm learning how to energies just from the elements around me but it's tricky because I was conditioned to energies of people!!

• kwr
    kwr

You are God's Perfect Child. I strongly urge to get into some counseling and if at all possible into a group that does hobbies you are interested in. Also if you feel like it go church visiting every Sunday at different churches. Good Luck, Keith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit