I'm soo depressed!

by mind my own 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wildfell
    wildfell
    Your family do and will care, they believe this is the greatest act of unselfish love they can offer you

Insightful and wise words, those.

I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your situation and the hurt you are experiencing. And I wanted to reassure you that in all likelihood, your family do miss you. They would be thinking of you regularly and be feeling hurt too. But they are trapped and manipulated in a cult that practices mind control.

Their behaviour is not a reflection of how they feel about you, but a reflection of how deeply controlled they are by the organisation.

Shunning those who leave is very cruel. It is equally cruel to be made to shun your family and friends. It's a two edged sword that cuts both ways. Love can't be cut off, even if contact can.

Just because your family are forced to shun you doesn't mean they don't love you. It could be killing them too, they could be having down days missing you too. Maybe one day the situation will change and they will come and ask for forgiveness. But in the meantime, as someone posting here said, remember that your heavenly Father will always be there for you.

All the best to you

wildfell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit