A calmer, more serene, moment in time.....

by AK - Jeff 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• bisous
    bisous

wow, it is kind of shocking how many people in this little microcosm have posted that they, too, are raising grandchildren.

AK-Jeff, your grandchildren are fortunate you stepped up. I also hope that someday your daughter seeks and receives the help she needs to resolve the issues that prevent her from being a responsible parent.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    wow, it is kind of shocking how many people in this little microcosm have posted that they, too, are raising grandchildren.

Yes. I noticed that also. I worry about the generation that holds the reigns of the future, when I see that.

When we first took in the kids, Wifey did an Internet search and discovered that one support group claimed that as many as 8 million grandparents are raising the grandkids in the US alone. That is a shocking commentary on the generation one step down. I meet people all the time who are doing the same thing.

Jeff

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Jeff, you are doing a good thing, the right thing. You will probably not be the oldest 'parents' in the kids classes either-My son's classmate last year had a grandma who was a year younger than I am. . .I am 41 now. My husband is 49 in a few weeks and our son is 7.5. You will find parents older than you with adoption and fertility treatments and healthier and longer lives.

That calm and serene moment you had to write that post though? You might not want to count on a lot of them:)

My heart goes out to you regarding the entire situation. I know that as much as you love your kids, there is only so far you can go for them before you just aren't helping anymore. You do what you can and then you have to just rest in the knowledge that you made all the efforts you did. She may yet get it together in years to come, but you are not making her kids suffer through the process.

I wish you all the best, and send you and your wife and (all the)kids my love.

Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit