Neil Young - Your Favorite Songs or Albums from Him ?

by flipper 36 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Don't Let It Bring You Down helped Andy and I fall in love. I was telling him of the death of my oldest brother. And he apologized for my pain and grief. I said to him "Don't let it bring you down. It's only castles burning. Just find someone who's turning and you will come around." And he know instantly I was quoting Neil Young. He was impressed that I would quote that song to let him know I was okay enough to discuss Cory's death and what it meant to me. Andy said that's when he knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he loved me.

• flipper
    flipper

Wow ! Lots of Neil fans here ! Right on ! So I'll respond one by one .

AVISHAI- Needle and the Damage Done - A great anti-drug song .

RAPUNZEL- Great song picks ! Sugar mountain is great !

TIJMKO- I love the song " Change of Mind ". I was just listening to that song yesterday ! Great !

BONNZO- Yeah ! I love Cortez and Powderfinger ! Glad you listed these. Great guitar on these songs.

JK- Cinnamon Girl was a great song ! I forgot about that one for a minute ! He has so many great ones !

WORLD TRAVELLER- Nice u tube, thanks ! So you roller skated to " Heart of Gold " ? I guess they would have played that a lot at roller rinks in Canada as Neil did come from there.

LENNY in BLUEMONT - Tell Me Why - great song.

MINIMUS - Yeah ! I here ya bro ! His voice can be irritating to some people - but ya gotta admit he plays a mean electric guitar !

VOIDEATER- Cinnamon Girl - great song !

COGNIZANT- I agree . I think Neil is real bluesy as well as rock n' roll. He loves playing minor chords in his songs which bring out sullen riffs on guitars . He plays a mean harmonica as you said too ! Keep playing his tunes sis ! Rock out !

CHANGELING- Harvest Moon is a great album and song.

SPARKPLUG - Harvest Moon and another Cinnamon Girl !

TWITCH- Harvest Moon it is !

WINGS- Yeah. I love Rockin' in the Free World !

STILLA- I think Heart of Gold is probably one of Neils most famous songs , if not the most famous ! Great song !

ROBDAR- After the Gold Rush lyrics are great !

EL KABONG- I agree. You have similar tastes as me. I absolutely love the live version of " Like a Hurricane " on the " Live Rust " album. It rocks - just like a hurricane !

FLYING HIGH NOW- You are certainly right FHN , some of these groups and singers do bring strong feelings to us in many ways. Glad Neil does that for you. Him, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and the Moody Blues have done that for me too over the years. But Neil's lyrics are great, I agree ! I also have the album " Four Way Street" . It is great with him live with Crosby, Stills , Nash and him playing together. I too love Neils dry sense of humor - pretty funny guy actually ! Have you heard his new album he just released ? Has a great song , " Ordinary People ". If you get a chance to listen at the record store - go for it ! Peace.

JIM TX- Neil has a way of getting to all of us.

HUBERT- Another vote for After the Gold Rush !

POPPERS- Another vote for Harvest Moon

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Favorite Albums Decade

Favorite songs Mr. Soul and Cinnamon girl.

• flipper
    flipper

JAGUAR BASS- I love the Decade album, I have it on CD. Great stuff. Mr. Soul is a really good song that you don't hear that often, but it rocks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I'm a little late chiming in here, but I thought I'd share.

I love Neil Young.

The Oracle

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I like "Heart of Gold" but "Old Man" close second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq0tAoO3-xQ

LRG

• flipper
    flipper

THE ORACLE- Neil Young rocks , definitely !

LITTLEROCKGUY- Heart of Gold and Old Man , great songs both ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit