Neil Young - Your Favorite Songs or Albums from Him ?

by flipper 36 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Another musician I have really liked over the years ! Has a crazy , catatonic electric guitar sound over the years that sounds like the guitar is moaning or screaming at times . Pretty creepy at times ; but very cool ! So, let me know you Neil Young fans - what songs and albums are your favorites ? Look forward to hearing from you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

1. Cowgirl in the Sand

2. Like a Hurricane

3. Hey Hey, My My

4. Southern Man

5. Ordinary People ( off his latest album from 2007 )

6. Old Man

7. Crime in the City

8. Heart of Gold

9. A Man Needs a Maid

10. Down By the River

1. After the Gold Rush

2. Live Rust ( recorded live 1979) I believe.

• avishai
    avishai

Used to HATE Neil Young, his voice just got on my nerves. Then sudddenly I loved him. I like the song "Needle and the damage done"

• avishai
  • Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

1.) Helpless

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

2.) Sugar Mountain

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

not a big fan here..i like some songs here and there...(and love the title needle and the damage done tho not familiar with the song)

except for one album..

sleeps with angels...is brilliant

change your mind is just a great song (and none of your 3 minute pop thank you very much)

and 2 songs - train of love and western hero - are the exact same except they have different lyrics...novel idea

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

1. cortez the killer

2. powderfinger

3. ohio

4. cowgirl in the sand

• flipper
    flipper

TIJMKO- I forgot to put " Sleeps With Angels " up there as one of my favorite albums ! Too tired- just got back from working early morning ! Yeah! Great album , probably his best

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Gotta love the live solo version of "Dance Dance Dance". Just awesome. I've always loved Harvest Moon.

• JK666
    JK666

I am a big Neil Young fan and like all of the songs mentioned so far, except nobody mentioned Cinnamon Girl.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit