Why don't I see any pastors or clergy on this forum?

by moshe 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Not ordained (as yet!) but I do preach.

Micky - why don't you just start your own thread on what you need to discuss?

• moshe
    moshe

Well, it looks like clergy are not in the habit of debating religion and this forum does have it's share of lively debates, to put it mildly. That is what makes it so addicting!

Speaking of debates- I remember hearing from older JW's, that years before I came in- 1972- that they used to challenge the clergy to debates all the time- even in the newspaper, but none were ever accepted. Now JW's run from any confrontational discussion in field service.

Tms- your adv for clergy was the best.- never knew about the changes in the 666 number, either. --The things I learn here.

• joebin
    joebin

Micky. I understand, I wouldn't want them as neighbours either....strange people...really strange. I don't think he's dangerous, he's just having fantasies but he's not man enough to come up and say it or make a move. He'd want the move to come from you, and since it won't happen he'll get over it and move on to his next fantasy.

Go with the fence and/or tell them you're ex witnesses, They never hear the ex part, and are scare to death of JW. He might even move his family away from what he considers being to close to the devil's spawn. Tell hubby to go tell him to stop stalking his wife.

good luck

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

Maybe because we don't believe in hell and they'll have a hard time scaring us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAI3WRBjXv8&feature=related

• 5go
    5go
    Well, it looks like clergy are not in the habit of debating religion and this forum does have it's share of lively debates, to put it mildly. That is what makes it so addicting!

So true.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I am an ordained minister, but I don't come to this board wearing that hat. I was a Pastoral Counselor for a number of years and have been at the center of a shamanic community. I have served on the Board of Directors of a religious teaching organzation, and the teaching staff of a psychological institute.

On this board, I wouldn't think these roles of mine are particularly important. Rather, they would tend to get in the way since they can create an artificial impression. How can a pastor not believe in the Christian God? Doesn't a shaman have a bunch of wild, weird beliefs?

Instead, I would hope to create an impression from the comments I make, the experiences I relate. i don't have anything to "teach" here, though I do hope some of my experiences can make people more aware of what's important to me (e.g., don't think your kids are safe from abuse just because they're with people from the congreation).

And I appreciate the support I get when I can let down my guard enough to share the not-so-great parts of my life.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Micky: I think what you have to say is relevent. I would think that this pastor is just being neighborly - until you brought up the silence when your husband is around. That sets off warning bells for me.

PS - beautiful avatar!

• lesterd
    lesterd

Amen sister. Rev David here. Perform marriages and funerals. ULC

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Most pastor's just do not have the time. Regardless of any preconceived notions you may be carrying around from the Watchtower, most of these men are deeply involved with their congregations and the communities that the church they pastor are a part of. Many pastors are involved in food distribution to the less fortunate in their communities. Others are involved in other community agencies and issues. Plus the standard studying and preparation for their weekly sermons. Something that is not very easy when you are not expected to parrot what someone else had already researched for you.

• joebin
    joebin

I don't know if pastors and christian ministers should be here or not but I do think that the GB should have a representative (meaning a mature christian as they call em) here and other boards on a regular basis. Jesus told them it is their duty to leave the 99 behind and go look for the lost one, also have an answer for the accusers. There's this huge community of lost ones and they know exactly where they are yet don't show up. They'd get flamed for sure but Jesus never said it would be easy either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit