Why don't I see any pastors or clergy on this forum?

by moshe 39 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

It just occurred to me that I have never seen a member on JWD who was a minister/priest/rabbi/monk,friar,shamman, etc. Maybe I have just missed their posts and then again, maybe they don't come here for some reason. I know they must come in contact with JW's and ex-JW's all the time.

• 5go
    5go

Why would they need this forum they have the almighty to talk to about it or others in the flock if that fails.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Maybe they prefer anonymity?

SusanHere

• Scully
    Scully

we have moderators instead.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I'm an ordained minister.I got my ordination online at Universal life church .com.

Here's a copy of my ordination if anyone thinks I'm lieing.I did it as a joke but I can marry people if I wanted to.

TO: NAOMI ********** Your application for ordination with  Universal Life Church  was approved on 9/12/2005. An email confirmation message with full details has been sent to you. I am sending you this follow-up message, because many people have reported that they didn't receive the confirmation email. This can happen for many reasons, including the widespread use of anti-spam filters, which can prevent legitimate email from being delivered. If you have received this message, you can be sure that your ordination was approved as of the above date. There is no need to contact us regarding the missing email message. Your ordination is confirmed. You can view the information that was in the email on our website: http://ulc.net/ordination_info.htm With warm regards and welcome,  Kevin Andrews , Pastor  Universal Life Church
  • noni1974
    noni1974

BTW I'm not religious at all.This church has only one thing to believe.

Do that which you believe to be right.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They'd probably be accused of being a troll? Or they figure our combined anger and bible knowledge (or our own perception of such) is too overwhelming to face. Or, they think we have the hardest part figured out and the rest we need to work through slowly. Or all those orgies at the apostafests indicate that we are too degenerate? :) There are 'ministries' but they generally are going aftger the JW that are still in. Most here are thoroughly out-at least in their heads and hearts.

• moshe
    moshe
    we have moderators instead

I can just see a couple of them chastising their flock on Sunday morning!

• 5go
    5go

Face it this is an apostate board period.

• TMS
    TMS

There are some web sites that try to "pastor" ex-JW's. Typically, beyond lame. Usually, accepting "Jee-suz" as your personal savior is the pitch.

Of the clerical positions you mentioned, I might waste a couple of minutes visiting with a shaman.

We have a semi-symbiotic relationship with the Mormons who have visited this site. They don't try to preach. They know that different crap is still crap. At least they got to live normal social lives, went to college, networked in business and felt no "woe for the pregnant woman in those days" and had lots of kids.

I will place an ad anyway.

WANTED: Unusually thick-skinned man or woman of the cloth needed to minister to ex-JW's on message board. Prepare to have your belief system shredded, ridiculed, pulverized. Leave your self-righteousness, Scriptures and platitudes at home. Potential congregation of thousands. No tithing or contributions likely. Applicant responsible for room and board, transportation. Vacations anytime you need to "get away" at your own expense. Look to "Caesar" for healthcare.

tms

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit