HOW can a Jdub accept BLOOD FRACTIONS?? hmm?

by martinwellborne 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• still_in74
    still_in74

hey I have a question then....

Can I eat blood fractions? ........ I mean - can I boil up a bag of "grey-area" fractions and make soup or sausage out of it?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

My mum thinks that blood fractions come from horse blood! The presiding overseer in her congregation has his own little cult following - he has a presence (parousia?) that people mistake for medical training. When we shows up at a hospital wearing a suit and being rude to the nurses he gives the impression that he does something for a living besides selling vacuum cleaners. He helped set up Australias first hospital liaison committe and they watched as Kaleeya - a private hospital in Perth, went completely blood-free, whatever that means. I think they're just small enough to be thanful for the market for bloodless surgery.

Anyway, a shot of erythropoietin (sp?) costs a few thousand dollars, and requires several hundred blood donations to make up. It's talked about like the magic pill, but they don't talk about where it comes from.

I gave my fifth whole blood donation the other day. I'll bet anything that there is a component of my blood in a Jehovahs Witness right now.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Your comments are correct, it is a blatantly hypocritically double standard. I have asked JWs to justify it and of course they can not.

My JC elder said it is not hypocritical as it is a conscience matter.

My mother claims that fractions are a relatively new procedure and we will just have to wait for the light to get brighter. That is a great way of deflecting the option of thinking about a subject. I see this sort of reasoning as a shifting of responsibility and guilt. She is not guilty as she is just following the Governing Body, it is their problem if they are wrong. To illustrate, it is a bit like if the GB said to smash the windows of do not calls. A JW would say they can't be held accountable for destruction of property, because the GB said it is ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit