106 year old sister auxiliary pioneers - Jan KM

by truthseeker 43 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Even if she was in perfect health and had all of her senses, why can't they give the old people a break? What do they think they are accomlpishing?

It could well be that this sister WANTS to do this. If all her life she's lived in the JW world, this is her way of getting out, feeling useful, staying mentally stimulated.

• moshe
    moshe

Een at 106 and a lifetime of KH service, a JW t be sure that they done enough and will be worthy of getting into the new order.

• ninja
    ninja

30th feb kingdom ministry
    YOU CAN DO MUCH MUCH MORE
    Sometimes we can be less than happy with our lot in life,but it can help to get a proper perspective by comparing ourselves to super pioneers

Take for instance sister Holly Nisbett,Sister Nisbett didn't have the best start in life,being left on a circus doorstep in a shoebox in the notorious winter of 1898
    The only thing that kept her alive was the body heat from the rats who also shared the shoebox

However the man who owned the circus took pity on little Holly and took her in
    From this precarious start Holly remained undaunted,she became a tightrope hopper at the circus (she would have been a tightrope walker....but the rats who shared her shoebox had also gnawed one of her feet off)

Then the unimaginable happened....

Her love for life was tested when she fell from the high wire onto the circus unicorn below busting both her lungs.It also put the circus out of business when the "horn" on the "unicorn" was found to be made from papier mache and the unicorn was a shetland pony

Holly had to be put into an iron lung to help her breathe,and if this wasn't bad enough she also had to endure continuous attacks from circus midgets and bearded ladies who were now out of a job and trying to unplug her iron lung

ENTER BRAINWASHED CULT MEMBER
    One day Holly received a visitor who wouldn't take no for an answer,through repetition and buzzwords Holly was totally indoctrinated into believing that Leviathan was a locomotive engine and Brother Rutherford was a judge
    She then got busy and started spreading the message through the hospital,which then caused people to avoid her like the plague (except of course the midgets and bearded ladies who wanted to rip her limb from limb)

BAPTISM
    Never one to give in to adversity Holly knew she had to get baptised in her iron lung
    Unlike her slacker namesake Laurel Nesbitt who never got immersed,Holly was wheeled down to the nearest swimming pool and with a t-shirt on her iron lung (for modesty) she fulfilled her commitments to jehovah and with unimaginable joy Sister Holly was baptised

LIFE TODAY IN A RUSTY LUNG
    110 years old this week sister Holly Nesbitt is still serving joyfully as a regular pioneer even though the baptism water has rusted her iron lung and the brothers and sisters dont visit as often she looks back with great joy in serving a deceitful organisation

• anewme
    anewme

No, Ive got it!
    She is the 106 year old mother/grandmother in a wheelchair who they cant leave at home.
    They are caring for her at home due to the fact they cannot/will not afford quality nursing home care.
    She must accompany her family in the door to door in her wheelchair because they want to pioneer.
    And the real reason they take her along is, well if she gets pneumonia or something else out in service she died faithfully and the kids can inherit her house and assets, plus they made the KM news. It is a win win!

(Please forgive me, I am trying to be funny)

• nelly136
    nelly136

youre prolly not far from the truth there anewme, they can still get some mileage out of her so theyre making the most of it, at least shes been mascotised and they'll get a great write up on the obits.

the likes of my nan and others that serve no useful purpose are often cast aside and forgotten.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

My father is 93 and still drives to every meeting. He has a magazine route and delivers the new A&Ws. He had 2 book studies with 2 elderly men until sometime last year.

The wife of one man kept making her husband cancel the study and finally stopped it. The other man is in a wheelchair and never gets to leave home so he enjoys dad's visit every week. I don't know how much 'studying' they do but they do visit for a couple hours every week.

Dad also reads at the book study. He "cuts & pastes" the changes to the Revelation book every week. He sees absolutely nothing odd that he has to do that. One week he went to sleep during the last prayer and was left sitting there sleeping while everyone else was getting up and leaving. Guess someone finally woke him up and told him to go home.

I have never heard him say anything about having any doubts with the WTBTS. He is completely under their spell.

I'm just wondering if we're going to be able to hold the WTBTS responsible when he has a car accident and kills someone while working for their publishing company since they keep pushing these old people out in service.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I have made up my mind - I am going to auxillary pioneer when I reach a 106! You have my permission to hold me to it. Eyeslice

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

This is just some kind of incentive that the Society uses to either guilt us, or to shame us into doing something that they can't motivate us in doing.

I do recall a 90+ yr old sister who lived in a LTC facility who put in her application to Aux pioneer. I was secretary at the time but never got to see her application. The PO had a habit of just announcing the app's without them being authorized by the Service Committee before. Anyways it was announced, and this poor sister went out during a very cold month in April. This literally killed her. She died of pneumonia the following month. You will never hear that mentioned in the KM. Some thought that this sister was very zealous and commended her for doing this. I keep thinking about how Jesus was just content in seeing an old widow giving within her means, and not expecting more. I also received a phone call from some person in the territory (angry/upset person) who witnessed her preaching at her door in such a cold wet day. The person on the outside showed more common sense in this. This is truly sad.

The society is beyond common sense in this for sure.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Yet another Guiltspirational bill dropping into minds postbox!!!i

• tula
    tula
    I'm sure they probably just made her up! She's nameless, faceless, countryless, congregationless ... she's simply non existent.

There really should be some facts to substantiate this. If she's 106, wouldn't she have been on the David Letterman show?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit