Are you a victim of being separated from someone that you love?

by Fisherman 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Thank you very much for sharing our personal feelings. I never knew until this forum how family members suffer because of shunning. Personally, I do not feel that shunning should be practiced on blood relatives, evrything considered, there are exceptions to everything.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I am seperated from my little brother. We haven't seen him or spoken with him in almost three years. Every once in awhile I will have a dream about him and wake up crying but fortunately it seems to only reside in my subconscious. He has used the religion as an excuse not to speak to us but I know that there is something deeper there. Some sort of deep resentment towards us that only he knows. It seems that he has been embarrassed by our family for years. Prior to us ever leaving the organization. I don't know. I still love him though and told him so the last time I saw him. It hurts my parents more than me. I know my mom keeps thinking that eventually he will change his mind and call or something but the longer it goes the more we think it might not happen.

We love you Thad.

Sheri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit